Perimeter Scholars International is a one-year master’s-level course in theoretical physics designed to bring highly qualified and exceptionally motivated graduate students to the cutting edge of the field in an intense, interactive training environment.
Taught by some of the world’s top physicists, students at PSI are fully integrated into the unique international culture and dynamic research atmosphere of a leading centre, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, while earning a Master of Science from the University of Waterloo in Ontario, Canada.
ADMISSIONS and FUNDING
Each year up to 30 adventurous and exceptional students from countries around the world are admitted to the PSI program.
Admission is highly competitive, with over 400 applicants.
Students admitted receive full scholarships and living expenses.
Students accepted into Perimeter Scholars International will be eligible for full scholarships including:
- Living stipend
- Full tuition
- Health insurance
- Books and materials
- Travel supplement
PSI students are expected to apply for any non-PSI scholarship funding for which they may be eligible. If successful in obtaining funding, a portion will be applied to the cost of the PSI program and the remainder will be for your own personal use. Please contact us to discuss your particular situation.
Perimeter Scholars International welcomes applications from exceptional, enthusiastic, interactive students who have obtained an undergraduate degree in physics and/or math with a minimum of three undergraduate or graduate courses in physics beyond Introductory Physics.
Students will be selected on the basis of their potential as researchers in theoretical physics and on academic achievement. PSI intends to recruit a diverse group of students, both in background and nationality, and without regard for financial means. We especially encourage applications from women.
There is no application fee required.
WHEN IS PSI?
Classes start in mid-August, and, within 10 months, successful graduates of PSI will receive both a Master of Science in Physics from the University of Waterloo and a Perimeter Scholars International Certificate from Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics.
The coursework is divided into four phases and is followed by a short research project. The course will advance:
- Research Skills: presentation skills, basic mathematical tools, and computers.
- Core Topics: foundational subjects, including quantum mechanics, general relativity, quantum field theory, statistical physics, condensed matter, and mathematical physics.
- Reviews: applications to real-world phenomena, such as particle physics, cosmology, gravitational physics, quantum gravity and condensed matter. Students will choose from a selection of courses.
- Explorations: short, in-depth courses on specialized fields which are currently “hot.”
- The Essay: each student undertakes a short research project supervised by a Faculty member, and produces an essay that is publicly presented and defended.
For more information, please visit: scholarshipstips.com.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Technical PhD Studentship, University of Manchester, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Living Allowance + Tuition Fees Doctoral Scholarships, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
PhD Fellowships in Elementary Particle Physics, International Max Planck Research School, Germany
The International Max Planck Research School `Elementary Particle Physics – Theoretical, Experimental and Cosmological Frontiers` (IMPRS EPP) is a joint initiative of the Max Planck Institute of Physics (Werner Heisenberg Institute) and the particle and astroparticle physics groups of the Ludwig Maximilian University Munich and the Technical University Munich. Since
Graduate Scholarships in Theoretical and Computational Chemistry, University of Calgary, Canada
Graduate student positions in theoretical and computational chemistry. Univ. of Calgary Canada Up to 4 graduate student positions in theoretical and computational chemistry will become available in my group by May 2011, September 2011 or January 2012. The successful applicants will be involved with the development of new computational methods or
International Summer Research Program 2010 in Nanotechnology, The Nanosystems Initiative Munich (NIM), Germany
The Nanosystems Initiative Munich (NIM), is inviting master students with a strong background in natural sciences or engineering to join us for eight weeks of compelling and demanding nanotechnology research starting on 1 July, 2010. On each of the sixteen projects in Munich, Großhadern and Augsburg one or two participants are
Mathematics Research Fellowships, Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Italy
Fellowships for outstanding mathematicians from developing countries The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) invites applications for a small number of fellowships for outstanding mathematicians from developing countries. Visiting Fellowships are open to mathematicians of any age and the fellowships fund visits of between 1 to 4 months to ICTP
MSc by Research Scholarships, Swansea University, UK
The College of Science is offering 20 Scholarships for Master's by Research programmes in Biosciences, Computer Science, Geography, Mathematics and Physics Who is eligible: Applicants must hold an offer to study on an MSc by Research for September 2011 UK/EU and International applicants are welcome to apply Entry requirements vary between programmes Further information: The newly-formed
PhD Studentship in Theoretical Physics, Umeå University, Sweden
The Department of Physics invites applicants for a PhD student position in Theoretical Physics specializing in Nonlinear Physics: Theory and Modelling. The research subject will focus on hydrodynamic-like effects in new materials with applications to organic electronics and quantum media such as crystals of molecular magnets. In organic semiconductors, we are
PhD in Theoretical Quantum Nanophotonics, Institute of Photonic Sciences ICFO, Spain
ICFO, in collaboration with the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC), is offering a predoctoral fellowship to a well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic graduate student who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly and stimulating environment, as well as to obtain a doctoral degree in the Photonics. The successful candidate
PhD in Theoretical Plasmonics & Nanophotonics, Institute of Photonic Sciences ICFO, Spain
ICFO, in collaboration with the Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya - BarcelonaTech (UPC), is offering a predoctoral fellowship to well-qualified graduate students who wish to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly and stimulating environment, as well as to obtain a doctoral degree in any of the photonics-related research fields. ICFO
PhD Position in Nuclear and Quantum Physics, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
PhD Student Position in Theoretical Nuclear Physics and Quantum Few-Body Physics, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden The nuclear theory group at Chalmers University of Technology invites applications for a PhD student position. The members of the theory group are Christian Forssén, Lucas Platter and Mikhail Zhukov. Job description Our research interests span nuclear structure
Master and PhD Scholarships in Casimir Effect, The Delft-Leiden Casimir Research School, Netherlands
Casimir PhD Program The Delft-Leiden Casimir Research School The Delft-Leiden Casimir Research School (Casimir) offers an advanced European scientific atmosphere to ambitious and talented MSc and PhD students interested in academic research, which crosses the traditional boundaries between fundamental and applied research and crosses the scientific disciplines. The school is initiated by leading
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.