Approximately 10 scholarships, valued at $12,000 to $25,000 each over eight academic terms, are awarded to incoming undergraduate students enrolled in any program in the Faculty of Mathematics (excluding Software Engineering and Computing and Financial Management).
These scholarships are open to international students studying on a study permit only. Payments beyond Year One are dependent on the student maintaining an overall academic average of 80% or greater and continued enrolment in an approved program. The typical candidate will have a distinguished academic standing, especially in mathematics, as well as a record of accomplishments in mathematics and/or computer science contests throughout high school.
Candidates will also be expected to demonstrate interest in mathematics or computer science beyond standard course requirements, including activities such as active membership in math or computer science clubs, enriched mathematics studies, employment/voluntary experiences, or hobbies. Participation and achievement in student government, athletics, music, art, etc. are also considered.
Application forms may be obtained from the Faculty of Mathematics website and candidates must apply by early-February.
range between $12,000 and $25,000 split equally over eight terms
Eligibility & selection criteria:
- academic performance
- extracurricular involvement as assessed through the National/Global Scholarship application
Mathematics -> Business Administration (Laurier) and Computer Science (Waterloo) – Double Degree, Business Administration (Laurier) and Mathematics (Waterloo) – Double Degree, Honours Mathematics, Mathematics/Financial Analysis and Risk Management, Computer Science, Mathematics/Business Administration, Mathematics/Chartered Professional Accountancy
International/study permit student
Complete the National/Global Scholarship application
- go to the Faculty of Mathematics website for further details on application process
- application is due February 4, 2019
Please contact Carolyn Sedore in the Faculty of Mathematics if you have questions about this award.
For more information, please visit: uwaterloo.ca.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
Perimeter Scholars International is a one-year master's-level course in theoretical physics designed to bring highly qualified and exceptionally motivated graduate students to the cutting edge of the field in an intense, interactive training environment. Taught by some of the world's top physicists, students at PSI are fully integrated into the unique
Postdoctoral Fellowships, Atmosphere Ocean Modelling Data Assimilation, Dalhousie University, Canada
Dalhousie University is searching for Postdoctoral Fellows and/or Research Associates to join the Global Ocean-Atmosphere Prediction and Predictability (GOAPP) network funded by the Canadian Foundation for Climate and Atmospheric Sciences. Two positions are available. The successful candidates will collaborate with researchers at Dalhousie University and other universities in the network,
Mathematics Department Research Studentship, King’s College London, UK
Eligibility criteria Open to residents of the following countries: All Nationalities All PhD applicants to the Mathematics Department at King's College London will be automatically considered for this award, providing that they have applied before the yearly deadline. Applicable subjects: Mathematics Application details Applications may be submitted from 01-Oct-2013 until 01-Feb-2014 Information about the funding The Department
Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT), Canada
Founded in 2002, the University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) is one of Canada's youngest universities and defined by its dynamic leading-edge learning environment, diverse and innovative programs, globally-experienced faculty, inter-disciplinary research activities and extensive student life opportunities. UOIT is a leader among North American universities in implementing and
MSc by Research Scholarships, Swansea University, UK
The College of Science is offering 20 Scholarships for Master's by Research programmes in Biosciences, Computer Science, Geography, Mathematics and Physics Who is eligible: Applicants must hold an offer to study on an MSc by Research for September 2011 UK/EU and International applicants are welcome to apply Entry requirements vary between programmes Further information: The newly-formed
Ryerson Postdoctoral Fellowship in Spacecraft Dynamics and Control, Ryerson University, Canada
One Ryerson Post Doctoral Fellowship (RPDF) is immediately available from October 2009 in Spacecraft Dynamics and Control for three years (i.e. 36 months) renewable annually. The annual salary is $41,000 plus benefits (approximate total value of award $50,000). The aim of this RPDF program is to attract outstanding post-doctoral fellows
PhD scholarship in Bioinformatics at the National University of Ireland, Galway
A fully funded PhD studentship in Bioinformatics is available in the research group of Prof. Cathal Seoighe at the School of Mathematics, Statistics and Applied Mathematics, National University of Ireland Galway. The position is not tied to a specific research project and the successful applicant will have the freedom to
Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program by Government of Canada
The Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program is celebrating 50 years! Since the plan’s inception in 1959, the Government of Canada has provided scholarships of excellence to all member countries of the Commonwealth. The CCSP goal is to promote Canadian values and identity around the world and to help meet the human
Postdoctoral Research Position in Mathematics, University of Oxford, UK
We invite applications for a postdoctoral research position, funded by the John Fell Fund (Oxford University Press) and the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) Global Research Partnership (GRP), to work with Dr Dominic Vella at the Oxford Centre for Collaborative Applied Mathematics (OCCAM) in the Mathematical Institute
Global Health Master Scholarships, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, UK
BSMS offers a number of scholarships for students admitted to full-time Master's degree in Global Health at the Wellcome Trust Centre for Global Health Research. The scholarships are funded by BSMS, and confirm the emergence of the Global Health department as a national and international leader in global health research, practice
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.