The Brunel Business School (BBS) are offering a number of prestigious scholarships for UK/EU and international applicants joining the Brunel MBA in September 2018 and January 2019 of the 2018/19 academic year.
Successful awardees will be expected to undertake specified duties as Brunel Ambassadors for the Brunel Business School (BBS). Activities might involve representing the MBA programme at internal and external marketing and recruitment events, providing guest talks and seminars to undergraduate/postgraduate students, providing reports on each event and writing a Brunel MBA Blog and/or other initiatives as appropriate. In addition, awardees will also be expected to assume mentoring responsibilities as required by BBS.
- The Full time MBA Scholarship: is a £6,500 tuition fee waiver for one year only.
- The Part Time MBA Scholarship (Corporate/Private sector) is a £9,000 tuition fee waiver for a maximum of two years only, split equally across both academic years, £4,500 per year.
- The Part Time MBA Scholarship (Public/Government) is a £11,000 tuition fee waiver for a maximum of two years only, split equally across both academic years, £5,500 per year.
How many: We are offering 30 scholarships for the full-time MBA and 20 for the part time MBA programme.
Apply for the MBA programme in the usual way and by the course application deadline:
- For courses beginning September 2018, you must apply for the MBA course by 24 August 2018
- For courses beginning January 2019, you must apply for the MBA course by 1 December 2018
Applicants must complete the MBA scholarship application form by the final deadline.
Applicants should note the deadline for their MBA course scholarship :-
Deadline for applicants starting in September 2018:
Full Time & Part Time scholarship applications for September 2018 must be submitted by Wednesday 05 September 2018.
Deadline for applicants starting in January 2019:
Full Time & Part Time scholarship applications for January 2019 applicants must be submitted by Friday 15 December 2018.
Applications for the January scholarship will open in October 2018.
Late applications will not be considered.
The application will comprise of an essay of no more than 500 words explaining why the applicant would make good ambassador for the Brunel MBA. The candidate should describe how their academic study, professional experience and other activities merit the award.
In addition the personal statement provided with the MBA application will be used to evidence and identify a career trajectory and aspiration for senior management / leadership in their company or sector (e.g. Senior Manager,Director or Board-level position).
a) To be eligible for a Brunel MBA Scholarship an applicant must:
- Apply and fulfill the entry criteria for admission to the Brunel full-time or part-time MBA programme.
- Be in receipt of an offer to study on a full-time or part-time MBA programme starting in September 2018 or January 2019.
- Complete the Brunel MBA scholarship application form comprising of an essay of no more than 500 words and a supporting statement.
- Throughout the application year applicants will normally be interviewed by members of the MBA team to assess motivation and contribution to the cohort.
Part Time MBA only scholarship:
- The part time MBA scheme is open to successful applicants with relevant valid UK resident status for the expected programme duration, upon enrolment. The applicant will be asked to provide evidence of this where it is not clear.
- For the purpose of the MBA scholarship an organisation which is controlled by a national, state or provincial/local government authority, it will be considered as a public sector entity. The corporate sector is the part of a country’s economic system that is run by individuals and/or companies, rather than by the government. In addition part time MBA applicants are required to submit documentary evidence of their work experience during their application, the applicants should provide confirmation letters from the employers. The employer’s letter will need to exhibit the nature and kind of the organization that the applicant works for. The public/private sector differentiation and the value of the award will be calculated accordingly.
b) Those not eligible for this Bursary
- Applicants entering a course with London Brunel International College (LBIC), or who are progressing to a Brunel course from an LBIC course.
- Applicants entering a course with the Brunel Language Centre.
- Applicants who will not commence their course in the upcoming academic year – applicants holding offers for deferred entry will be considered for a bursary in the year they start their course and not in the year of their course application.
Applicants applying for the scholarship must pass a rigorous selection and a transparent evaluation process which includes a written essay as well as an interview conducted by the members of the BBS Scholarship Committee. All scholarship applications will be assessed rigorously against a set of standard criteria.
All applications will be reviewed on a regular basis throughout the year by the MBA Scholarship Committee.
The committee members will be responsible for initiating and managing the communication with the applicants, alongside the marketing team. They will be screening and assessing the applications, and submit their recommendation to the committee. The committee will be responsible for producing a final list for eligible awardees.
- Applications for scholarships will be considered on the balance of eligibility criteria met by each applicant.
- The Panel will seek applicants from a wide range of industries and sectors. Preference may be given to those who specify an interest in undertaking one of the programme specialisations (Health Care Management and Aviation Management).
The decision of the allocation panel is final. The University will not accept any appeals in respect of the decisions made by the MBA Scholarship Committee.
Scholarships will be allocated twice a year. In August/September for the September intake and in December for the January intake.
Conditions of fee waiver
- Scholarships are awarded for the academic year 2018/19 only and cannot be deferred. Applicants who intend to defer their studies must re-apply for a scholarship in the year they will begin their studies. Applicants wishing to defer entry from September to January, will retain the award if they defer by November 2018.
- Fee waivers will only apply to students who have enrolled at the University on the MBA full-time or Part-Time programme and will apply in year 1 only of the full-time programme and for a maximum of two years only, split equally across both academic years for the part-time programme.
- Awarded scholars are excluded from all other scholarships and tuition fee waivers with the exception of the Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship and Prompt Payment Discount.
The order of discount will be applied as follows:
- 15% Scholarship
- 15% Graduate discount
- 2% Prompt payment discount (if applicable)
Further information about tuition fee discounts can be found in the Student Financial Policy.
Successful applicants will be required to be Brunel Ambassadors for the Brunel Business School (BBS). Scholarship winners will be contacted by the MBA or Marketing team as and when participation is required.
Withdrawal of scholarship
- Misleading information: The University reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from anyone who is found to have misled the University about any aspect of their eligibility and to seek repayment of any monies already paid by appropriate means.
- Mode of Attendance Change: If a student transfers to a course of study outside the MBA Full-Time programme, including the Part-Time MBA programme, the scholarship may be withdrawn.
- Changing course: If a student transfers to a course outside the MBA programme the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- Change of employment sector: Employer sector used to determine the scholarship award will be considered at the point of application/enrolment. Any subsequent change to the sector of employment will not be considered for a change in scholarship award.
- Amendment of Fee Waivers: Fee waivers are applied at the start of the academic year as part/all of a scholarship entitlement and will not be amended once the fee waiver has been processed. Any tuition fee liability remaining after fee waivers are applied would therefore be calculated in accordance with the Student Financial Policy.
- Abeyance/Temporary Withdrawal: A student who takes a period of temporary withdrawal (abeyance) and who is in receipt of a scholarship award would cease to receive scholarship payments whilst temporarily withdrawn. Scholarship payments made prior to temporarily withdrawing will not generally be requested to be repaid and remaining payments would generally be paid once the student returns to complete that level of study.
- Suspension of Study: Should a student be suspended for any reason, scholarship payments would be withdrawn and consideration of reinstatement will be dependent on the disciplinary outcome.
- Repeat/Extended Study: Repeat periods of study, and periods of temporary withdrawal that result in extended periods of study, are not supported by additional scholarship payments. Scholarship entitlement is for the maximum duration of each award and entitlement is not extended if overall course duration alters.
- Withdrawal from Study: A student who withdraws from their programme prior to completion and who is in receipt of a scholarship award will not normally be requested to repay scholarship payments made up to the point of withdrawal; however, entitlement to all future scholarship payments and/or adjustments, cease immediately a student withdraws.
For more information, please visit: www.brunel.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Engineering Academic Excellence Scholarships, Brunel University, UK
Annual Value: up to £2,000 cash award How many: all those that meet the eligibility criteria For how many years: 3 years Application process: apply via My Applications Portal by 31 July Eligibility: Scholarships will be allocated in August, prior to September entry, to those applicants who completed the scholarship application form by 31st
Queen’s Anniversary Prizes Scholarships, Brunel University, UK
Value: £3,000 fee waiver How many: 6 Application process: no application required. Information will be taken from the course application form and verified at Registration. Eligibility To be eligible for consideration of Queen’s Anniversary Prizes Scholarship, a student: must have an unconditional offer of a place on one of the following full-time postgraduate programmes of
Brunel Law School International Undergraduate Scholarships, Brunel University, UK
Brunel Law School is pleased to announce the international scholarship programme for 2012. The aim of the scholarship programme is to provide financial support to students who have demonstrated exceptional achievements academically, professionally or through community service. Value of award: £3000 Number of Awards: 10 Duration of award: Applies to the first year
LLM International Scholarships, Brunel Law School, Brunel University, UK
Brunel Law School is pleased to announce the international scholarship programme for 2012. The aim of the scholarship programme is to provide financial support to students who have demonstrated exceptional achievements academically, professionally or through community service. Amount of awards: £2000 Number of Awards: 5 Am I eligible? In order to apply for the
PhD Scholarships in Social Sciences, Brunel University, UK
We are delighted to announce nine funded PhD studentships* in social sciences at Brunel University for UK, EU and international students for a January 2012 start, (or as soon as possible thereafter). The School of Social Sciences is providing opportunities for promising academic talent to undertake doctoral study. This is a
Brunel International Scholarships, Brunel University, UK
The Brunel International Scholarship Programme is an annual award run by the Brunel International office that is open to all international students. Its goal is to provide financial support to exceptional students. Scholarship holders will go on to represent Brunel as ambassadors throughout their time at the University. For 2013/14 we
Brunel International Scholarship, Brunel University London, UK
Brunel University London is pleased to offer a prestigious package of scholarships for International students. The scholarship scheme is for self-funded students only and is based on academic achievement. We will award scholarships to applicants who most closely meet or exceed the criteria for the award. To apply you need to
Chevening Scholarships for Indonesian Students, UK
Chevening is the UK Government’s global scholarship programme that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from your country and beyond to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university. Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, leaving
The Panasonic Trust Fellowships 2010, UK
On 2 October 1997, Matsushita Electric Industrial Co Ltd marked the 25th anniversary of the founding of Panasonic UK Ltd by generously donating a further £500,000 to the Panasonic Trust to enable it to broaden its activities in the professional development of UK engineers. Income generated by these funds was
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.