About 20-25% of admitted full-time two-year MBA students receive a merit-based scholarship
The majority of Stern MBA scholarships are full or half tuition awards. All applicants (domestic and international) are considered. No additional materials are required. Scholarship decisions are made at the time of admission and are final.
Stern merit-based scholarships awarded to full-time two-year MBA students include:
Dean’s Scholarship – The Dean’s Scholarship is one of Stern’s most prestigious scholarships and is awarded to a limited number of our most meritorious admitted students. This scholarship which covers full tuition and fees is presented in the name of Dean Rangarajan “Raghu” Sundaram and affords the opportunity to connect directly with Dean Sundaram.
Named Faculty Scholarship – The Named Faculty Scholarship is designed to pair some of our most meritorious students with some of Stern’s most distinguished and prestigious faculty. This scholarship which covers full tuition and fees matches admitted students based on their background and interests with a designated faculty member in that field. Named faculty scholars have the opportunity to develop close ties to their designated faculty members. This past year, 14 faculty members were selected with the honor of participation: Bruce Buchanan, Aswath Damodaran, Rob Engle, Scott Galloway, Alvin Lieberman, Sonia Marciano, Elizabeth Morrison, Charles Murphy, Glenn Okun, Priya Raghubir, Rob Salomon, Michael Spence, Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh and Batia Wiesenfeld.
Consortium Fellowship (a fellowship covering full tuition and fees awarded in conjunction with a partner organization) – The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management seeks to enhance the representation of African Americans, Hispanic Americans and Native Americans in business education and management. U.S. citizens and permanent residents from these underrepresented groups, as well as other people who can demonstrate a commitment to the Consortium’s mission, are eligible. Applicants must apply to NYU Stern through the Consortium application to be considered for this full tuition fellowship.
Fertitta Veterans Scholarship – The Fertitta Veterans Program is an innovative program specifically designed for U.S. military veterans and active duty students to support their transition to business school. Thanks to the generous gift from alumnus Lorenzo (MBA ’93) and brother Frank Fertitta, the Fertitta Veterans Program participants will receive scholarship support that reduces their tuition to a flat $30,000 per year. Students who qualify for veterans benefits, including Yellow Ribbon funding, will continue to be eligible to receive those benefits. Learn more about the Fertitta Veterans Program.
William R. Berkley Scholarship – Established in 2013, The William R. Berkley Scholarship Program supports exceptional college seniors or recent college graduates who wish to pursue their MBA full-time at NYU Stern. This scholarship is available for candidates pursuing the two-year Full-time MBA, Fashion & Luxury MBA or Andre Koo Tech MBA. The scholarship covers full tuition and mandatory fees as well as a stipend for housing and educational expenses.
Alumni Scholarship – This $60,000 scholarship is for the first year of study and is awarded to admitted students showing strong merit.
Advancing Women in Business Scholarship – Established in 2017, The NYU Stern Advancing Women in Business Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that will be awarded to students entering the full-time MBA program that demonstrate a deep and abiding commitment to advancing women in business. This scholarship covers $60,000 towards the first year and is partially funded by alumnae and members of the Stern School’s Board of Overseers.
Forté Fellowship (awarded in conjunction with a partner organization) – The Forté Foundation is a consortium of major corporations, top business schools and influential nonprofit organizations dedicated to educating and advancing women in business. Stern designates Forté Fellows at the time of admission to exceptional women candidates who are also receiving a merit based scholarship.
ROMBA Fellowship (awarded in conjunction with a partner organization) – Reaching Out MBA (ROMBA) is an organization that educates, inspires and connects lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) MBA students at business schools in the United States. Stern designates ROMBA Fellows to exceptional LGBTQ candidates who receive a merit-based scholarship.
Stern Scholarship – This one-year scholarship covers full tuition and fees for the first year of study and is awarded to admitted students showing strong merit. This scholarship is awarded for the first year of the program only.
Scholarships Awarded after Admission
Below are scholarships awarded to admitted Full-time MBA students that do not require a separate application.
- Howard Gilman Foundation Scholarship – With the generous support of the Howard Gilman Foundation, the Howard Gilman Foundation Scholarship will be awarded to graduate students who have careers in the performing arts, and who now seek to become trained in business. Students will be selected by the Financial Aid office and no separate application is necessary.
- Hyundai Motor America and Kia Motors America Scholarships in Law & Business – With the generous support of Hyundai Motor America and Kia Motors America, the Hyundai Motor America and Kia Motors America Scholarships in Law & Business will be awarded to JD/MBA Dual Degree students who are pursuing careers in law & business. The awards are merit and need-based scholarships and no separate application is necessary.
Scholarships Awarded after Admission by Application
Below are scholarships awarded to admitted Full-time MBA students that require a separate application. Admitted students are notified about the application process for these scholarships as the information becomes available.
- Toigo Fellowship (awarded via Robert Toigo Foundation, a partner organization)
- Ilene Kaplan Memorial Scholarship
- Moral Contract Scholarship
Donor Awards for Second-Year Students
Through the generous support of alumni and friends of NYU Stern, students have another opportunity to receive funding in their second year of the MBA program. No application is necessary. All students are considered for second-year awards based on merit and the criteria specified by the donor.
For more information, please visit: scholarshipstips.com.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Department of Computer Science Studentships, University of York, UK
A number of departmental studentships are available to candidates enrolling on any full-time taught MSc course in the Department of Computer Science. The value of each studentship is normally a one-off payment of £5,000. How to apply: All Home/EU and Overseas applicants holding an offer of a place on one of our full-time
Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, University of York, UK
We offer a number of scholarships for international students (non-EU) to help with tuition fees and living costs. These scholarships are available to applicants who pay tuition fees at the international rate. If you're unsure whether you're classed as a UK, EU or international student for fee purposes - check your
International Scholarships for Master Students, York St John University, UK
International Scholarships 2013/14 York St John University and the SPARK fund are pleased to announce a range of scholarships for new postgraduate international students for the 2013/14 academic year. For the September 2013 intake, we are pleased to offer: One flagship ‘International SPARK Scholar’ award, offering both a full tuition fee scholarship for
Departmental Taught Masters Scholarships, University of York, UK
A number of departmental scholarships are available to candidates enrolling on any taught MSc course in the Department of Electronic Engineering (MSc in Audio and Music Technology, MSc in Communications Engineering, MSc in Digital Systems Engineering, MSc in Embedded Wireless Systems, MSc in Engineering Management and MSc in Intelligent Robotics)
The Jonathan Bradshaw Scholarship, University of York, UK
The Department of Social Policy and Social Work is honoured to announce the call of applications for the ‘Jonathan Bradshaw’ Scholarship to prospective postgraduate students that receive offer for any of our one (1) year MA and MRes programmes: MA in Social Policy, MRes Social Policy, MA in Comparative and
PhD Studentships in Organic Chemistry, University of York, UK
Free radicals in phenylene diamine oxidation What is common between colour photography and hair dyeing? Both processes involve essentially the same chemistry based on indo dyes [1,2]. The dyes in both cases are formed in situ by oxidative coupling of phenylene diamines with aromatic compounds, a reaction which proceeds via formation
York University International Undergraduate Student Scholarship & Award Program, Canada
York offers awards & scholarships specifically for international students ranging from $100 to $100,000. In addition to the awards requiring this application, some awards are automatically granted based on academic performance. Established for international undergraduate applicants, recognizing academic excellence, leadership qualities, exceptional community service and individual achievement. GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA You MUST submit
Postdoctoral Position in Stereoscopic 3D Cinema, York University, Canada
3D cinema is experiencing a burst of popularity unmatched since the early 1950’s. Along with the advances in projection technology and film capture we have seen a growing interest in the human perceptual factors that determine the success of a given technique. It is an exciting time to study stereoscopic
Falak Sufi Scholarship, Graduate School of Arts & Science, New York University, USA
The Graduate School of Arts and Science of New York University is pleased to announce the Falak Sufi Scholarships awarded by the master’s program in Near Eastern Studies at the Kevorkian Center. Candidates for the master’s program in Near Eastern Studies are eligible to apply, including applicants to the program’s
Ford Motor Company International Fellowships 2012, USA
Each year, a group of 20-24 emerging leaders from different regions of the world are selected to become Ford Fellows of 92nd Street Y. The program includes a three-week residency in New York City (May 30-June 20, 2012) and ongoing communication before and after the residency via telephone and email.
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.