The Merit International Postgraduate Scholarship is offered to international students who can demonstrate high levels of academic achievement and English competency in their previous studies and who wish to study a postgraduate course offered by ECU. The scholarship offers a 10% reduction in your tuition fees for the duration of your course at ECU. To be eligible you will need to pre-apply for the scholarship before applying for your course.
At a glance
- You must not be a current ECU student to apply for this scholarship.
- In order to apply for this scholarship, you must not have a course application in the ECU system.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an international student who can demonstrate a high level of academic performance in prior studies and a high level of English competency;
- intend to study a postgraduate coursework degree;
- be commencing study at ECU in the next intake;
- meet ECU’s English and academic direct entry requirements for the course of your choice;
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- not have a pending course application with ECU;
- not currently be enrolled in another ECU course;
- be an International student and not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen; and
- be studying at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, ECU South West (Bunbury) or online (if applicable).
Terms and conditions
To receive this scholarship you will need to meet the following ongoing conditions:
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
- Pre-approved scholarship applicants must apply and accept their course offer within the time periods specified by ECU (if the course offer is not accepted within the stipulated deadline the scholarship offer will lapse).
- The scholarship recipient must be continuously enrolled in their original course of application and be in continuous good standing academically and financially to maintain their scholarship.
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion).
- The scholarship recipient must consent to their image being used by ECU for marketing and communication purposes and sign a talent release form to facilitate this.
- The scholarship recipient must be reasonably available to support ECU’s marketing and communications endeavours through attendance at key marketing events nominated by ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines, failure to do so will negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure will revert to full-fee international tuition.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of ECU based on the information submitted by the student in the Scholarship Pre-Approval form and in their course application. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at the sole discretion of ECU
How to apply
- If you believe you are eligible, click the ‘Pre-Apply Now’ below to demonstrate you meet the scholarship eligibility criteria.
- ECU will contact you to pre-approve or decline your scholarship eligibility. This will be within one week after you’ve completed the Scholarship Pre-approval form.
- If successful, you will be provided with specific instructions about how to apply for your course and redeem your scholarship.
- If you are made an offer for an ECU course, your fees will be adjusted automatically.
IMPORTANT: This scholarship requires pre-approval BEFORE you apply for a course. Please wait until you hear from us before applying for a course. If you apply for a course before this step, you’ll be automatically declined for the scholarship.
For more information, please visit: www.ecu.edu.au.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
International Postgraduate Research scholarships at Edith Cowan University are restricted only to those applicants wishing to commencing their studies in either a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Master by Research. The ECU-IPRS scheme is both prestigious and highly competitive. Four ECU-IPRS scholarships are offered each year for
Women’s Services Guild PhD Top-up Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The Women’s Service Guild of Western Australia was established as a voluntary organisation for the purpose of promoting the interests of women in WA. The Guild, after almost one hundred years of service, is no longer in operation but has endowed top-up scholarships to support research
Endeavour International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (EIPRS), Edith Cowan University, Australia
International Postgraduate Research scholarships at Edith Cowan University are restricted only to those applicants wishing to commencing their studies in either a Doctoral degree (PhD) or Master by Research. The EIPRS scheme is both prestigious and highly competitive. Three EIPRS scholarships are offered each year for tenure at
Edith Cowan University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (ECUPRS), Australia
This scholarship is designed to support postgraduate students of exceptional research promise to study full-time at Edith Cowan University in a Doctoral degree (PhD) or Master by Research. The scholarship is offered on the basis of academic merit and research performance. Applicants will automatically be considered
FBL Executive Dean’s Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FBLPRS), Edith Cowan University, Australia
This scholarship is designed to support Faculty of Business and Law postgraduate students of exceptional research promise to study full-time at Edith Cowan University in a Doctoral degree (PhD) or Master by Research. The scholarship is offered on the basis of academic merit and research performance.
Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Contribution to University Life, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The ECU Vice-Chancellor's Student Award for Contribution to University Life is awarded by the university to recognise a nominated student or student team, who has made an outstanding contribution to student life at Edith Cowan University in 2010. University students and staff, and representative bodies external
The Karrakatta Club Dame Mary Gilmore Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The Karrakatta Club Dame Mary Gilmore Award aims to further the education of an eligible female postgraduate student. The award offers a scholarship to meet expenses associated with a doctoral degree or Master by Research. The award will be offered biennially. Amount: $2,000 Frequency: Once only Method: Cheque Applicant information: Certified
Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Engagement, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The ECU Vice-Chancellor's Student Award for Engagement is awarded by the university to recognise a nominated student or student team, who has demonstrated outstanding engagement with external communities and has contributed to the achievement of the university's strategic priorities through engagement activities. University students and staff,
Perth Airport Indigenous Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
Westralia Airports Corporation (WAC), owner and operator of Perth Airport, will be offering two (2) $5000.00 scholarships in 2010 to 1st year Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students undertaking studies at ECU. This follows the signing of a Partnership Agreement between WAC and Nyoongar Elders in
Mount Lawley Teachers College Memorial Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The Mount Lawley Teacher's College had a strong natural history and ecology program inspired by Dr Len 'bugs' McKenna, the Assistant Vice-Principal of the College. The Mount Lawley Teacher's College Memorial Award is an annual award to support a student enrolled in the school of Natural
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.