NanoCore is committed to providing participating individuals a challenging environment that enhances their scientific, engineering, medical or commercial careers. NanoCore does this by fostering collaboration between participants and by matching ambitious and capable research students with world renowned faculty. Individual researchers participating in NanoCore have access to a wide network of people in the academic sector, the technology sector, the medical sector, as well as the business and financial sector. Students and staff in NanoCore are able to utilize this network to further their goals. For currently available positions please see below.
NanoCore PhD Program – NanoCore PhD Scholarships
Excellent students from all scientific and engineering, as well as biomedical disciplines are welcome to apply for NanoCore PhD Scholarships. Students whom we are recruiting typically are in the top 10% of their class and have shown the ambition and ability to immerse themselves in challenging, high impact research projects. We also highly welcome students who have entrepreneurial ambitions. The scholarship entails:
- 4 years of funding
- full coverage of all tuition and fees
- monthly living allowance (12 months per year)
- possibility to work with any NanoCore researcher/collaborator
Students from Asia, Europe, America and Africa are currently working in many departments at the NUS. NanoCore participants have especially diverse backgrounds. Hence we encourage excellent students from all backgrounds to apply.
1) If you see a fit then please send your Cover Letter and CV. The Cover Letter should briefly introduce you and state your motivation to work at NanoCore. If you can, name research areas you would like to work in. If possible, identify which department you would like to be attached to and give the name(s) of potential supervisor(s) you would like to work with. Highlight any achievements that show academic and/or entrepreneurial capabilities. Please limit your cover letter to approximately 400 words. Your CV should be clear and concise. Please name two (three if you can) individuals whom you have worked or studied under and who are able to provide a reference. If you have taken the GRE and an English test (e.g. TOEFL), please include the scores in your CV, official test scores can be sent later. Send Cover Letter and CV as one pdf file, the Cover Letter should occupy the first page, the CV should occupy subsequent pages. Name the file: “lastname_firstname_nanocore_phd.pdf”. Please make sure that the email address on your Cover Letter and CV matches the email address you use to contact us. Please keep the text in the email to one or two sentences. In the subject line please put: “NanoCore PhD application: LastName FirstName”. Please send your letter to us by 10 October 2011 for the August 2012 intake.
2) Based on the initial letter with CV and cover letter, NanoCore will shortlist students and conduct interviews, in person or via skype.
3) Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the interview process by 1. November 2011. Successful applicants will be informed that NanoCore will commit a NanoCore scholarship to support the applicant’s PhD studies.
4) Successful applicants will be asked to submit a completed NUS graduate studies application form to us by 10. November 2011 which NanoCore will use for the departmental application process.
5) The outcome of the departmental application process is expected for early 2012. NanoCore supported applicants have a very good chance to be admitted to a department at NUS.
Life and Work in Singapore
Due to its all year round excellent weather, its location in the heart of Asia, its varied food and culture as well as its cosmopolitan society where a lively local culture mixes with influences from all over the globe, life in Singapore is very pleasant. The research community is dynamic and fast growing.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
NUS MBA Awards – National University of Singapore
Over S$1 million worth of NUS MBA Study Awards will be awarded to deserving full-time candidates of all nationalities and part-time Singaporean candidates who showcase well-rounded, exceptional and promising profiles. Scholarships will be given based on background, performance during the application process and overall leadership potential of the candidates. Dean's Award:
ASEAN Scholarships for Indonesia by Ministry of Education, Singapore
The ASEAN Scholarships for Indonesia is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced (GCE A) Level (or equivalent) certificate. The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory
PhD Scholarships in Membrane Science, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
There are several PhD scholarships available for Jan 2010 intake at the Singapore Membrane Technology Center (SMTC), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. If you are interested in membrane technology for water and environments, and would like to apply for PhD study at SMTC, please contact A/Prof. Wang Rong (rwang[ at ]ntu.edu.sg)
ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship, National University of Singapore
The ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship (AUS) is offered by the National University of Singapore (NUS) to full-time NUS undergraduates who have outstanding academic merit and co-curricular activities. Eligibility The AUS is awarded to freshmen based on academic merit. These freshmen must be citizens or permanent residents of an ASEAN* member country. Singapore citizens
Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
The Asia Research Institute of NUS invites applications from citizens of Asian countries enrolled for a fulltime advanced degree at a university in an Asian country (except Singapore) for consideration for the award of Asian Graduate Student Fellowships. These fellowships are offered to current graduate students doing their Master’s or
NGS Scholarship (NGSS), National University of Singapore
The NGS Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research. Terms Monthly stipend of S$3,200 up to 4 years of the PhD studies, or up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier. Other allowances include computer allowance book allowance conference allowance. Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot
Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship for Undergraduate Students, Singapore
The Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship is a private sector scholarship administered by the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS). Each year, 3 to 4 scholarships are awarded to outstanding individuals from 15 Asia Pacific economies (Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam,
NTU-MBA Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Who is eligible? You are eligible for this scholarship if you are an applicant seeking admission to the Nanyang MBA, (full time MBA programme only) at Nanyang Business School, NTU. Eligibility criteria Selection is based mainly on merit, and to a certain extent financial consideration You should not be on paid employment or accept
PhD Scholarships – Singapore University of Technology and Design
The SUTD PhD Programme offers you a chance to collaborate with the best in their fields. We offer the following in-house scholarships on a competitive basis to outstanding full-time PhD Programme applicants: SUTD President’s Graduate Fellowship (PhD) Open to all nationalities Full tuition fees Monthly stipend of: S$3,500 (Singapore Citizens) S$3,200 (Singapore
The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) for Research and Technology Graduate Fellowships 2010, Singapore
The Singapore Ministry of Education has established 100 four-year fellowships for new doctoral students at NTU or NUS who will conduct their research at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology Centre (SMART Centre). The establishment of this Fellowship Programme is intended to attract to NTU and NUS the best and
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.