Newcastle University is committed to offering support to the very best international students hoping to pursue a programme of research. We are pleased to offer a small number of University funded NUORS awards for outstanding international students who apply to commence PhD studies in any subject in 2019/20.
You could be eligible to apply for a NUORS award if:
- you have been offered a place on a PhD research programme
- you have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes, and are wholly or partially self-financing
- you intend to register to start your studies during the 2019/20 academic year.
Applications for a NUORS award cannot be made for a course that has already been started by a student.
Applicants must already have been offered a place on a PhD research programme before applying. Applications made without this will not be considered.
Value of award
This award covers the difference between home and overseas fee rates (value approximately £11,490 to £17,700 per annum)
Number of awards
Start date and duration
The award is valid for the normal duration of the PhD not longer than 3 years.
Application closing date
26 April 2019.
How to apply
You must have already applied for and been offered a place to study at Newcastle University before you apply for a NUORS award.
Please complete the online NUORS application form and in accordance with the NUORS regulations. You will also be required to provide details of an academic referee; the University will then contact your referee directly.
Further details can be found in the NUORS Regulations 19-20. Please read these thoroughly before applying.
If you experience problems with the application form, please contact Student Financial Support.
Student Wellbeing Service
Student Financial Support
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU
Telephone: +44 (0)191 208 5537/8107
For more information, please visit: www.ncl.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships (IUMS), Newcastle University, UK
IUMS is intended for international students who study for their first degree at Newcastle University. This partial scholarship has a value of £1,500 for the first year of study. Eligible applicants will be considered based on the information given on their UCAS application form. Eligibility International students must have: applied through UCAS by
Newcastle University ASEAN Scholarships, UK
Value of award £3,000 payable towards the first year of tuition fees. Number of awards 18 Start date and duration Commences September 2016 for one year only. Application closing date The closing date for receipt of applications is 30th June 2016. Overview Newcastle University is delighted to announce 18 scholarship awards for students from Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore
Newcastle University ASEAN Scholarship for Indonesia, UK
Newcastle University is delighted to announce three scholarship awards for Indonesia for students commencing postgraduate studies in September 2014. The Newcastle University ASEAN Scholarship merit-based award is partial tuition fee scholarship with a value of £3,000 for Indonesian nationals who intend to register for postgraduate studies (one year Master’s programmes) at
FEBE International Student Scholarship, University of Newcastle, Australia
Applicable to : International, fee waiver, discount, 25%, FEBE, Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment. This scholarship was established in 2007 to encourage international students to study an undergraduate or pre-professional program within the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment at the University of Newcastle, Callaghan Campus. Eligibility To be eligible to apply
Newcastle University International Postgraduate Scholarship (NUIPS), UK
The Newcastle University International Postgraduate Scholarship (NUIPS) awards are available for international students starting their studies in September 2016, in the 2016-17 academic year. Eligibility Criteria You could be eligible to apply for a NUIPS award if: you have been offered a place on any postgraduate taught degree programme you have been
Juris Doctor (JD) Scholarships, University of Newcastle, Australia
This scholarship was established in 2013 to provide up to five students per year with a $3,000 scholarship for the coursework costs of the Juris Doctor program with Newcastle Law School. Applicable to: International Students, Domestic Students, Law, Postgraduate, financially disadvantaged, Masters Coursework, High Achievers. Eligibility To be eligible to apply for this
Newcastle University London International Scholarships, UK
Newcastle University London offers partial scholarship awards to encourage applicants assessed as international for fees purposes to undertake Undergraduate and Master’s level study. Each award is worth £3,000 for one year payable to the student’s tuition fee account. We will consider each individual application and allocate scholarships based on merit. Sponsor Newcastle University
Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, Newcastle University, UK
The following awards, which are offered by the University, are open to prospective international undergraduate students commencing their studies in September 2012: International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships (IUMS) IUMS is intended for international students who study for their first degree at Newcastle University. This partial scholarship has a value of £2,250 for the
MBA Business Excellence Scholarships, Newcastle University, UK
Newcastle University MBA Business Excellence Scholarships are available to outstanding students entering our full-time MBA programme in 2017. Funding Scholarship awards of £6,000, payable towards the cost of tuition fees, will be awarded to high achieving students for the full-time MBA for 2017 entry. Eligibility criteria You will be considered for an MBA Business
Faculty of Medical Sciences MRes and MSc International Scholarships, Newcastle University, UK
The Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, is offering a small number of scholarships of £1000 to self-funding international (non-EU) applicants for 2013 entry into the MSc Medical Sciences programme and the following suite of MRes programmes: Ageing and Health Animal Behaviour Biotechnology and Business Enterprise Biosciences Cancer Diabetes Epidemiology Immunobiology Medical & Molecular Biosciences Medical Genetics Medical Sciences Mitochondrial Biology
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.