The Institute for Media Innovation at Nanyang Technological University invites applications for doctoral positions to work in Singapore, in the area of physics based simulation of clothes, virtual try on of clothes, interactive virtual worlds, interactive augmented reality, behavior models for virtual humans as well as social robots, simulation of medical articulations, group and crowds modeling, and related topics. Students will have an opportunity to work in the area of cutting-edge interactive 3D simulation with top equipment as cave and real-time motion capture in a multidisciplinary team.
The candidates should apply using the online system with a CV, a brief statement of potential research, and two letters of recommendation clearly stating IMI on their application (https://wis.ntu.edu.sg/webexe/owa/pga$rsh_main.menu). Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
NTU (http://www.ntu.edu.sg) and IMI (http://imi.ntu.edu.sg/) offer vibrant multidisciplinary research environment, both students and faculty members enjoy a host of opportunities for research collaboration with world-leading universities and renowned institutes. There is a strong research culture where innovation and critical enquiry are key features, NTU researchers are immersed in the best of work environment.
The University has invested heavily in research, creating some of the best laboratories and research centers in the world. IMI is housed in the S$25 million nine-storey Research Techno Plaza (RTP: http://www.street-directory.com/ntu/pixAround/rtp.htm), which forms the University’s research hub with four interdisciplinary research corridors and 10 research centers housed in it.
Activities of the research centers are linked to their international counterparts, turning the campus into mini Silicon Valley yielding landmark innovations. Singapore has low income tax and a doctoral student is not likely to pay any income tax on their stipend (see http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=1190). A student gets a waiver of the Tuition fee and funding support for conferences are provided on merit and performance basis. Additional Teaching Assistant opportunities may also be available year three onwards.
For more details please refer to IMI website http://imi.ntu.edu.sg
Contact: email@example.com or +65-6592 7721
Intakes: January and July
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
MBA Scholarships, Nanyang Business School, NTU Singapore
A limited number of scholarships are available for admitted students, to finance their MBA studies. You will need to be eligible to such scholarships, so check your eligibility first before you apply to the scholarships and apply within the deadlines stipulated. Scholarship results are announced at certain periods – typically
PhD Scholarships in Membrane Science, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
There are several PhD scholarships available for Jan 2010 intake at the Singapore Membrane Technology Center (SMTC), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. If you are interested in membrane technology for water and environments, and would like to apply for PhD study at SMTC, please contact A/Prof. Wang Rong (rwang[ at ]ntu.edu.sg)
NTU-MBA Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Who is eligible? You are eligible for this scholarship if you are an applicant seeking admission to the Nanyang MBA, (full time MBA programme only) at Nanyang Business School, NTU. Eligibility criteria Selection is based mainly on merit, and to a certain extent financial consideration You should not be on paid employment or accept
Graduate and Postdoctoral Research in Medical Engineering, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Graduate student positions and postdoctoral research positions are available in the area of medical engineering at the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering of Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. Students with research interests at the interface of electrical engineering and biology are especially encouraged to apply. Topics include: modeling of epileptic seizures (from
Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
The Ministry of Education has recently launched a prestigious Singapore-MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship. These 4-year SMA Graduate Fellowships are available for highly talented doctoral graduate education and research for students from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and National University of Singapore (NUS) who wish to conduct
Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarships (NPGS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
The Nanyang President's Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career by studying for a PhD at NTU. Who is eligible? There is no restriction as to the nationality of candidates but
Asia Journalism Fellowship, Singapore
The Fellowship brings journalists from Asia to Singapore's Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information at Nanyang Technological University for three months. The 2012 Fellowship will run from 27 February to 18 May. Professional workshops Short, intensive workshops will focus on enhancing your professional capabilities. In 2012, you can expect workshops on
Graduate Fellowships and Postdoctoral Positions in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Singapore
Dr. Qihua Xiong won 2nd batch Singapore National Research Foundation Research Fellowship (NRF-RF) and recently joined Nanyang Technological University as a Nanyang Assistant Professor. With a strong support from both NRF and NTU, Dr. Xiong is expecting to establish a vibrant group dedicated into the research in nanoscience and nanotechnology. Dr.
PhD Studentship, Equatorial Waves and Intra-seasonal Oscillations, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Successful candidates will be affiliated to the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (SPMS) researching into Equatorial Waves and Intra-seasonal Oscillations. Requirements Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in meteorology, atmospheric science physics or mathematics from universities of good international standing. Must possess good programming skill in Fortran and have experience
PhD Scholarships in Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
PhD student positions are available for Jan 2011 intake in Environmental Microbial Systems (EMS) Group, School of Civil & Environmental Engineering (CEE) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore. The R&D topics will cover: Bioconversion of waste to energy and other valuable products Biological treatment of toxic compounds and nutrients Novel
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.