This Industry PhD scholarship, established by La Trobe University in partnership with the Bendigo Pioneers (AFL Academy) based in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia will be awarded to a qualified applicant with a background in exercise conditioning and athlete monitoring.
This research project focuses on evaluating the high-performance training in the AFL Victoria’s academy program with the aim of developing, implementing and leading a high-performance program to promote and optimise player performance. It will contribute to and evaluate the program’s ability to support a competitive high-performance environment for the region’s talented youth Australian rules football players to reach their full athletic potential.
The research project will be based in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia, and the PhD candidate will divide their time between AFL Victoria and La Trobe’s Bendigo campus.
Applicants should have a high level of achievement, including a first class honours degree or equivalent and be eligible for accreditation as an Exercise Scientist with Exercise & Sports Science Australia.
Benefits of the scholarship
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- A La Trobe PhD Scholarship for 3.5 years, with a value of $27,082 per annum (2018 rate)
- A fee-relief scholarship (LTU-FFRS) for up to four years for international applicants
- Academic supervision provided by La Trobe
- Industry supervision and mentoring provided by AFL Victoria
- Opportunities to work with AFL Victoria staff, and build professional and community networks in the sector
- Opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers
- Access to La Trobe’s suite of professional development programs.
- First class honours degree in Exercise Science or equivalent
- International applicants: Meet La Trobe’s English language entry requirements
- Accreditation as an Exercise Scientist or equivalent
- Accreditation with Australian Strength and Conditioning Association or equivalent
- Experience in athlete performance monitoring
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this PhD Scholarship in Exercise Sciences, follow these steps:
- Submit an application for the scholarship and PhD candidature by 17 October 2018:
- Follow the instructions on how to apply under Step 3 at latrobe.edu.au/research/future
- In your application, indicate clearly that you wish to be considered for the PhD with An Industry Focus with Bendigo Pioneers
- Please make sure your application is complete and reaches us by 17 October 2018, as we are unable to consider incomplete and/or late applications.
- Note: Successful applicants will work under the supervision of Associate Professor Michael Kingsley, so you don’t need to find a supervisor
- Interview: If your application is successful and you are shortlisted for the scholarship and candidature, you will be invited to an interview with representatives of La Trobe and AFL Victoria.
- Final decision: The final decision will be made based on your application and interview. The successful candidate will be made an offer for candidature and scholarship.
La Trobe will carefully review your application and consider you for this scholarship. We anticipate that shortlisted applicants will be advised of the outcome by 30 November 2018 and that the successful applicant will commence candidature by December 2018.
Applications close on 17 October 2018
Dr Michael Kingsley
Associate Professor in Exercise Physiology
La Trobe Rural Health School
P +61 3 5444 7589
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Technical PhD Studentship, University of Manchester, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Living Allowance + Tuition Fees Doctoral Scholarships, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
La Trobe Business School MBA Scholarship, La Trobe University, Australia
Eligibility criteria You must be a citizens of a country other than Australia and New Zealand You must satisfy all course entry requirements You must hold an Offer Letter from La Trobe University for the Master of Business Administration with a commencement date in Semester 1, 2014 You must have a minimum 70% GPA
La Trobe Business School Master of Management Scholarship, La Trobe University, Australia
Eligibility criteria You must be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand You must satisfy all course entry requirements You must hold an Offer Letter from La Trobe University with a commencement date in Semester 1, 2014 for one of the following courses: Master of Management, Master of Management
La Trobe University Postgraduate Research Scholarships (LTUPRS), Australia
La Trobe University Postgraduate Research Scholarships (LTUPRS) International students who want to study a higher degree by research at a Master's or PhD level can also apply for the La Trobe University Postgraduate Research Scholarships (LTUPRS). The La Trobe University Postgraduate Research Scholarships are valued at A$19,231 per annum for full-time study
La Trobe Business School Master of Information Technology Management, Australia
Who is eligible? You must be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand You must satisfy all course entry requirements Student must hold an Offer Letter from La Trobe University with a commencement date in Semester 2, 2014 for Master of Information Technology Management You must have a minimum 70% GPA
La Trobe Business School Masters by Coursework Scholarship, La Trobe University, Australia
Who is eligible? You must be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand Youmust satisfy all course entry requirements Student must hold an Offer Letter from La Trobe University with a commencement date in Semester 1, 2014 for one of the following: Master of Accounting and Financial Management Master of Financial
Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES), La Trobe University, Australia
La Trobe's Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES) cover tuition fees for high-achieving international students accepted into our undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs. Worth between $10,000 and $20,000, these scholarships are paid across a maximum of two semesters (or 12 months). If you receive this scholarship, you still need to pay for any
Master Scholarships, Graduate School of Management, La Trobe University, Australia
La Trobe University's Graduate School of Management (GSM) is pleased to announce new scholarships available for entry into the following programs: Master of International Business Master of Marketing Management Master of Business Administration (MBA) Related double degrees Scholarships range from AU$3,000 to AU$10,000 and are given in the form of fee waivers. These scholarships are offered
International Postgraduate Research Scheme (IPRS), La Trobe University, Australia
International Postgraduate Research Scheme (IPRS) and La Trobe University Fee Remission Research Scholarship (LTUFRRS) The IPRS (previously referred to as the Endeavour International Postgraduate Research Scheme) and LTUFRRS awards are open to international students who want to study a higher degree by research at a Master's or PhD level. The EIPRS
Postgraduate Scholarships for South East Asia, La Trobe University, Australia
La Trobe University invites outstanding students to apply for postgraduate scholarships. These scholarships are awarded as one-off payments and are distributed to students until the quota has been filled. Scholarships for South East Asia (AU$3000) Indonesia Student must hold an equivalent degree with a minimum GPA 3.0/4.0. Malaysia Students must hold an equivalent degree with
Student Exchange Scholarships, La Trobe University, Australia
La Trobe University welcomes approximately 400 exchange and study abroad students from all over the world each year. If your institution is listed on our international exchange partners list you may be eligible to apply to study at La Trobe as an exchange student. If it is not, you can still
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.