PhD student positions are available for Jan 2011 intake in Environmental Microbial Systems (EMS) Group, School of Civil & Environmental Engineering (CEE) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore.
The R&D topics will cover:
- Bioconversion of waste to energy and other valuable products
- Biological treatment of toxic compounds and nutrients
- Novel bioprocess design
- Microbial ecophysiology and community dynamics in environmental systems
- Environmental molecular techniques development
Self-motivated and team-oriented individuals interested in environmental bioprocess engineering and microbiology/biotechnology are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have good communication skill in English and good academic records.
Candidates with experience in anaerobic bioprocess engineering (i.e., set up, operation, and monitoring of bioreactors) and in molecular/microbiological techniques will be given preference. A Master’s degree in environmental engineering, microbiology or a closely related field is a plus, but the position is open to Bachelor’s degree holders too.
A 4-year scholarship will be given through the School to the qualified candidate. The scholarship covers all tuition fees and stipend of S$2,000-2,500/month. The monthly living cost on campus is about S$800-900. Special support for students to attend oversea conferences is also available.
Applicants with qualified academic records and good TOFEL (or IELTS) and GRE (or GATE) scores will be considered immediately. International applicants must submit the test scores (tested within 2 years) to the School to get the final admission. Local students do not need the scores.
Interested applicants, even with no scores ready, are highly suggested to contact Dr. Changsoo Lee first. Please e-mail your CV, academic transcripts, and TOFEL (or IELTS) and GRE (or GATE) scores (if applicable) at LeeChangsoo[ at ]ntu.edu.sg.
Positions are open until filled and only the shortlisted applicants will be notified.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
PhD Scholarships in Membrane Science, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
There are several PhD scholarships available for Jan 2010 intake at the Singapore Membrane Technology Center (SMTC), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. If you are interested in membrane technology for water and environments, and would like to apply for PhD study at SMTC, please contact A/Prof. Wang Rong (rwang[ at ]ntu.edu.sg)
MBA Scholarships, Nanyang Business School, NTU Singapore
A limited number of scholarships are available for admitted students, to finance their MBA studies. You will need to be eligible to such scholarships, so check your eligibility first before you apply to the scholarships and apply within the deadlines stipulated. Scholarship results are announced at certain periods – typically
Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
The Ministry of Education has recently launched a prestigious Singapore-MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship. These 4-year SMA Graduate Fellowships are available for highly talented doctoral graduate education and research for students from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and National University of Singapore (NUS) who wish to conduct
NTU-MBA Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Who is eligible? You are eligible for this scholarship if you are an applicant seeking admission to the Nanyang MBA, (full time MBA programme only) at Nanyang Business School, NTU. Eligibility criteria Selection is based mainly on merit, and to a certain extent financial consideration You should not be on paid employment or accept
Graduate and Postdoctoral Research in Medical Engineering, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Graduate student positions and postdoctoral research positions are available in the area of medical engineering at the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering of Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. Students with research interests at the interface of electrical engineering and biology are especially encouraged to apply. Topics include: modeling of epileptic seizures (from
Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarships (NPGS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
The Nanyang President's Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career by studying for a PhD at NTU. Who is eligible? There is no restriction as to the nationality of candidates but
Researcher Position, Environmental Microbial Systems, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
A Researcher position (at postdoctoral or post master level) is available in Environmental Microbial Systems Group, School of Civil & Environmental Engineering (CEE) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore. The research will focus on the development of an anaerobic bioprocess converting organic wastes / bioproducts to bioenergy and other
PhD Studentship, Equatorial Waves and Intra-seasonal Oscillations, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Successful candidates will be affiliated to the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (SPMS) researching into Equatorial Waves and Intra-seasonal Oscillations. Requirements Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in meteorology, atmospheric science physics or mathematics from universities of good international standing. Must possess good programming skill in Fortran and have experience
ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
This scholarship is open to nationals of member countries of ASEAN* (except Singapore) to pursue a designated full-time Masters degree by coursework and dissertation. * ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) consists of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. Eligibility criteria Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents
APEC Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
This scholarship is open to nationals of the following APEC member economies to pursue a full-time Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme at NTU: Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia,
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.