Multiple PhD Studentships: Application of Graphics and computational fabrication techniques for novel 3D printed acoustic devices (2018)
Multiple PhD studentships in computational fabrication and graphics are available in the Interact Lab of the University of Sussex.
Type of award
Multiple PhD studentships in computational fabrication and graphics are available in the Interact Lab of the University of Sussex from October 2018. The project will be supervised by Sriram Subramanian (https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=CO9UQcsAAAAJ&hl=en).
Our group is interested in exploring the use of 3D printed structures to shape and sculpt sound input sound fields. These 3D printed structures are often called metamaterials and can be used to create acoustic lenses and mirrors. Using these structures, we can create novel haptic devices, speakers and many new interactive experiences.
This project will involve using computer graphics techniques to model and analyse these structures to make structures that are efficient and effective in manipulating input sound fields. This project will give you the opportunity to collaborate in a novel field of cutting edge research in a highly applied and fast moving area. The successful candidate will engage with many ongoing research collaborators in UK, Denmark, Sweden and USA. In addition to undertaking high quality research and publishing in top graphics and HCI conferences/ journals, the group also creates significant impact by developing technology that is integrated into different industry products.
University of Sussex is a research intensive university, in the sunniest part of UK, 50 mins by train from Central London and 30 mins cycle to the Brighton Beach.
You can get a flavour for our research by visiting
£14,553 tax free stipend, plus fees waiver to the UK/ EU amount.
- Good Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related disciplines (essential)
- Good programming skills in at least one of Python/C++/Java (essential)
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated (essential)
- Experience in Graphics/ Machine learning or HCI (essential)
1 August 2018 0:00 (GMT)
How to apply
The scholarship includes a three year stipend at a standard rate (currently £14553 per annum) and in addition, fees at the UK/ EU/ International rate.
Apply online at http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/phd/apply . Clearly state the full title of this studentship in the finance section of your application.
The studentship will be allocated as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Review of applications will commence on 15th of June 2018 and will continue until the positions are filled. Early application is advised.
For informal inquiries please contact Prof. Subramanian, Department of Informatics, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9QJ, UK; email@example.com.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
PhD Studentship in Engineering, University of Sussex, UK
PhD Studentship: Engineering Ultra high power Plasmonic Sources for 6th Generation (6G) Terahertz Mobile Communications While the 5th Generation of mobile communications (5G) are currently being standardised by the industry it is expected that 6th Generation (6G) mobile communication networks will be required to support Tbps data rates. The only feasible
Sussex MBA Scholarship, University of Sussex, UK
We offer scholarships ranging from £1,500 to £5,000 to applicants who can demonstrate significant management experience and/or have graduated with a good degree, or other relevant qualification. Type of award Partial Fee Waiver Amount Up to £5,000 Eligibility To be eligible for this scholarship, you must: hold an offer of a place on the Sussex MBA have senior
PhD Studentships in Experimental Particle Physics, University of Sussex, UK
The University of Sussex Experimental Particle Physics group plays a critically important role in a number of experiments at the frontiers of our knowledge of particle physics, with main involvement in: the ATLAS experiment and its upgrades at the CERN Large Hadron Collider, the SNO+ neutrinoless double beta decay experiment
Pegge Scholarship for MSc Evolutionary and Adaptive Systems, University of Sussex, UK
Pegge Scholarship for MSc Evolutionary and Adaptive Systems (2013) Due to a generous donation from Sussex alumnus Andrew Pegge, the Pegge Scholarship is awarded annually to postgraduate students taking the MSc Evolutionary and Adaptive Systems. The scholarship is open to all and awarded on merit; the awarding committee has discretion, according
Land Use Change PhD Studentship, University of Sussex, UK
A global model of greenhouse gas emissions from agriculture and land use change. A high priority for global climate protection is reducing greenhouse emissions from agriculture and land use change. These now account for around one tenth to one-fifth of all global greenhouse gas emissions. Hence, it is crucial to understand
Department of Informatics, PhD Scholarships, University of Sussex, UK
The School of Engineering and Informatics invites outstanding applicants for funded PhD Scholarships in the Department of Informatics. Students may propose projects of their own interest that align closely with the work in one of the research groups in the Department, or applicants may apply for one of the projects described
Sociology and Gender Studies PhD Studentship, University of Sussex, UK
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and motivated individuals to take up new PhD studentship opportunities in the School of Law, Politics and Sociology at the University of Sussex. Studentships are available from September 2013 for a period of three years, and will be payable at the level of £2,500
PhD Studentship, School of Engineering and Informatics, University of Sussex, UK
PhD Studentship: Control of Waste Heat Recovery System in Heavy Duty Truck Applications are invited for a full-time PhD studentship in the School of Engineering and Informatics, University of Sussex. The University of Sussex is a top 20 university in the UK, just less than one hour by train to Central
MSc Scholarships, Climate Change & Development / Policy, University of Sussex, Institute of Development Studies, UK
The University of Sussex and Institute of Development Studies (IDS) would like to invite applications for; MSc in Climate Change & Development MSc in Climate Change & Policy Scholarships Up to ten scholarships of £4,500 and three of £3,500 are available. The scholarships will be awarded to students who possess the highest academic ability
Sussex Future Leaders Masters Scholarship in Engineering, University of Sussex, UK
The University is delighted to offer a £10,000 scholarship to an outstanding student applying to study an eligible Masters degree in the Department of Engineering commencing in 2018/19. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic achievement and leadership experience in your chosen field. Type of award Tuition fee waiver
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.