For the academic year beginning 1 February 2019 we are inviting applications for a number of full-time funded PhD studentships.
The studentships are based at the Milton Keynes campus and students are normally expected to live within commuting distance of Milton Keynes. The studentships cover tuition fees, a generous research training support grant and a stipend (circa £14,533 per annum) for 36 months.
In order to be considered for a funded studentship your application should preferably be based on an advertised project. Examples of projects recently advertised are listed further below.
Applications must include the following:
- a 1000 word proposal which indicates your knowledge of the literature, methods and likely approach to your project of interest
- a covering letter indicating your suitability for the project
- a completed application form
- certificates with transcripts, if possible, confirming your professional qualifications relevant to your application
Applicants for the PhD programme should have minimum qualifications of an upper second class honours degree 2:1 (or an equivalent) and usually a specialist masters in a subject relevant to the intended study with a strong research element.
Applicants who speak English as a foreign language and/or are applying for a Tier 4 visa must have achieved SELTS (Secure English Language Test) from a UK Border Agency-approved provider at level B2 or above in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), in all four elements (reading, writing, listening, speaking).
We also welcome full-time and part-time self-funded applications in topics in business and management, dependent on supervision availability.
The deadline for applications is 5pm GMT on Monday 8th October 2018.
Interviews will form part of the selection process and will be held on 17th, 18th or 23rd October in person (or via web conference if required). PhD candidates are expected to give a 15 minute presentation about their proposal, followed by a question and answer session.
PhD project titles we are offering are listed below and you can find out more by clicking on the individual links:
Centre for Policing Research and Learning (CPRL)
Centre for Voluntary Sector Leadership (CVSL)
- CVSL 02 The contribution of leadership in small and medium charities navigating change and transition
Department of People and Organisations (DPO)
- DPO 04 The experiences of transpeople in the UK labour market
- DPO 05 Grassroots spaces of recovery
- DPO 06 Animals in and beyond organisations, post-humanism and anthropocentricism
- PuLSE 11 Exploring enterprise, learning and growth from craft workshops to makerspaces
- PuLSE 12 Promoting environmental sustainability in SMEs the role of intermediaries
- PuLSE 13 Economic Citizenship and Governance in Brexit times
- PuLSE 14 Understanding the relationship between identity and ethics in collaborative settings
- LAW 08 Critical Perspectives on Blockchain Law and Regulation
- LAW 09 Pedagogies and practices within UK legal education
- LAW 10 Shifting paradigms within lawyering
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
Postgraduate Research Studentships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
QMUL offers research studentships to the value of around £12 million to support PhD students each year. These include our own prestigious QMUL Principal's Postgraduate Research Studentships, as well as Research Council UK (RCUK) funded studentships, funding from industry, and from research charities and cultural institutions. The Postgraduate Research Studentships set
London School of Economics and Political Science PhD Studentships, UK
In 2018 LSE will be offering around 100 major studentships to new PhD students in the form of LSE PhD Studentships and LSE ESRC DTP Studentships. Eligibility LSE PhD Studentships are tenable for four years and cover full fees and an annual stipend of £18,000. They are available for UK, EU and
PhD Studentship, Imperial College London, UK
Studentships: up to £18,000 pa plus payment of fees Deadline: Friday 19th February Start date: October 2010 Imperial College Business School has a global reputation for academic excellence and provides the opportunity to learn from world-class faculty and cutting edge research. The recent RAE 2008 assessment places the Business School joint first for
PhD Studentships in Film and Media, Bradford Media School, University of Bradford, UK
As part of continued investment in research, Bradford Media School (BMS) at the University of Bradford is offering two fully funded PhD studentships. City of Film Studentship: This studentship is linked to Bradford`s recent UNESCO City of Film award. The `City of Film` studentship can cover any aspect of the relationship between
PhD Studentships in Requirements Engineering and Climate Change, The Open University, UK
The Open University (UK) - Charter Studentships To celebrate The Open University’s 40th anniversary we offering a number of research studentships. These studentships provide opportunities for the best national or international candidates to work alongside leading academics and research staff on projects that will inspire and shape our research portfolio. They will
Social Sciences Graduate School Research PhD Studentships, University of East Anglia, UK
Social Sciences Graduate School Research PhD Studentships are offered to prospective candidates for the academic year 2019/20. The Studentships will be available under the Scheme to applicants who, in their research proposal, can clearly demonstrate academic excellence in areas relevant to the strategic interests of the School of International Development. Please see
AHRC (NWCDTP) Studentships, Lancaster University, UK
Eligibility: UK/EU & overseas PhD Studentships, covering tuition and maintenance (UK & EU if resident in the UK for at least 3 years) or fees only (EU/Overseas) for 3 years or 1+3. The Department of Linguistics and English Language at Lancaster University is part of the North West Consortium Doctoral Training Partnership
PhD Studentships in Behaviour, Choices and Markets, University of Aberdeen, UK
PhD Studentships: Behaviour, Choices and Markets University of Aberdeen The principle aim of Behaviour, Choices and Markets is to create a platform for a comprehensive investigation of behaviour and choice within markets and society. This is set within an all-embracing framework interpreted through the perspectives of economic and social science principles. Incentives
PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK
Bournemouth University is justifiably proud of its reputation for excellence in research. In the last Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) results, BU was the fourth most improved university in the UK for the quality of its research and achieving a high global research profile. The RAE ranking means that BU is now in
Scottish Universities Physics Alliance (SUPA) Prize Studentships, Scotland UK
The SUPA Prize Studentships are prestigious and competitive awards intended to attract outstanding physics students from around the world, irrespective of nationality, to study for a PhD in Scotland. Prize studentships will be awarded competitively and up to fifteen awards will be available this year for outstanding candidates. The studentships provide
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.