POSCO TJ Park Foundation 2013 Research Grants for Asian Studies
POSCO TJ Park Foundation is an independent and non-profit organization fully financed by POSCO, one of global leading steelmakers. The Foundation has been contributing to the future of Asia by expanding its range of the social responsibilities through cultivating leadership for the next generation, realizing Asian networking, and sharing project for public interests.
To facilitate mutual understanding between Asian countries, the Foundation has launched the Research Grants for Asian Studies in liberal arts and social sciences fields as follows.
The goal of POSCO TJ Park Foundation Research Grants is to support Asian studies to promote mutual understanding and cooperation in Asia, so that the research themes are generally open to fields of liberal arts and social sciences including history, archeology, science of religion, geography, philosophy, sociology, anthropology, literature, psychology, management, economics, etc.
Research themes for this year:
Any topics in the fields of liberal arts and social sciences concerning Asia
Make a proposal of a research project and carry it out, suggesting new theories or analyses related to Asian region through empirical studies, field studies or literature studies
The qualified applicants are full-time faculty members and research staff at universities in Asia
Duration of grant: March 1, 2013 ~ February 28, 2014
The value amount of grant is up to US$10,000 per project. (Researchers are requested to make application after calculating proper budget according to each subject. The value amount of grant can be adjusted after discussions on application.)
Deadline for application: APPLICATION SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY E-MAIL NO LATER THAN November 28, 2012
Announcement of results: the Foundation announce it on its website (http://www.postf.org) in the end of February 2013
Grant payments: Three times on an installment basis
- 1st: 50% of the total research expenses to be paid via a relevant university after completing agreement on the research grants
- 2nd: 30% of the total research expenses after receiving and appraising an interim report
- 3rd: 20% of the total research expenses after receiving and appraising a final report
- Interim report: by August 31, 2013
- Final report: by February 28, 2014
Applications should include the following:
- Application Form for Research Grants
- Research Plan
- Details for Project Budget
- Curriculum Vitae (for the person in charge of study, joint researcher(s))
- Documents that verifies the project manager’s incumbency in his/her institution
All applications should be submitted via e-mail by the advertised date to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once submitted, applications can not be modified or returned.
- Application forms also can be downloaded from http://www.postf.org/2010/eng/application/asiapro.jsp
Contacts for any inquiries on applications are:
Program Manager : Yun-Young Jeong (Mr.), POSCO TJ Park Foundation
Telephone: +82-2-562-1740 / e-mail: email@example.com
Matters for caution in working out a research grants application and a research plan
- Both independent and joint studies on subjects are possible for application.
- The project team members who are the recipients of research grants from other research funding institutions on a certain research topic are not allowed to apply for grants or participate in the projects of the Research Grant Program with the same topic.
- All applications and research papers should be written in English (MS word only).
- Application for research grants should be made in the designated form.
- A research plan should be mapped out after referring to attached file. There is no specific form, but all clarified items should be included as possible.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
Beasiswa Skripsi, POSCO TJ Park Foundation, Universitas Indonesia
Penawaran Beasiswa Skripsi untuk mahasiswa Program Sarjana Reguler dari POSCO TJ PARK FOUNDATION. Adapun mahasiswa yang berminat dan memenuhi kriteria sebagai berikut: duduk di tingkat 3 atau 4/tingkat akhir; sedang membuat Skripsi atau Tugas Akhir; diutamakan yang berprestasi dengan IPK minimum 2.75; tidak sedang menerima beasiswa dari badan/lembaga/instansi/yayasan lain; mengisi formulir (terlampir). Kelengkapan berkas: fotokopi KTM; abstrak Tugas Akhir; lembar
Asia Center Graduate Summer Research Grants, Harvard University, USA
Asia Center Graduate Summer Language Grants for East, South and Southeast Asian Language Study, Harvard University. These grants are offered jointly by the Harvard University Asia Center, the Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies, the Korea Institute, and the Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies. These grants are for students
Art Major Asian (AMA) Scholarship, Korea National University of Arts
The objective of the Art Major Asian (AMA) Scholarship Program is to provide Asian students with artistic talent to conduct advanced studies and ability in Korea National University of Arts in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between the countries. Scholarship Benefits full tuition for undergraduate or
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Dong-A University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: 2. 1(Fri) ~ 3. 29(Fri) Contact: Ms Jane, Na(82-51-200-5502~4, firstname.lastname@example.org) Basic Information of Dong-A University Support Program for Foreign Students International Students Counselling Center Academic Affairs: Students Advisory, TOPIK Class, (Support for Texts&Lectures), Scholarship according to TOPIK scores (GKS student support), Academic Tutoring, Buddy Program: GKS Buddy, Global Mentor(1:1 Matching Buddy),
Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
The Asian Civilisations Museum (ACM) in Singapore invites scholars specialising in Buddhist art or Indian Trade Textiles to apply for a 12-month research fellowship. The applications will be screened by a committee of eminent scholars and will be administered by the Research and Publication Unit (RPU) of ACM. The research fellowships
Mazda Foundation Research Grants, Australia
The Foundation periodically identifies a priority area of focus. The Foundation's current priority area of focus is Programs focused on identifying and/or remedying reading issues in children, with a particular interest in early intervention programs. Rather than inviting applications from a broad section of the public, the Foundation will each year
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kumoh National Institute of Technology, Korea
We are pleased to inform you of 2018 KGSP (Korean Government Scholarship Program) Guideline for Master’s and Doctoral candidates here in Korea. As the one and only national engineering specialized university in Korea, we will be able to nominate candidates up to 25. This might be a great opportunity for you
Pony Chung Fellowship, Research Institute of Korean Studies, Korea University
The Research Institute of Korean Studies (RIKS) at Korea University, with support from the Pony Chung Foundation, established the ‘Pony Chung Fellowship’ for Young Korean Studies Scholars. The goal of this program is to provide young international scholars in the field of Korean Studies with financial support, a suitable research
Horowitz Foundation Grants, Worldwide
Aim and Mission to support emerging scholars through small grants to promote scholarship with a social policy application to encourage projects that address contemporary issues in the social sciences Funding Amount Our grants are based solely on merit. Each grant is worth a total of $7,500—$5,000 is awarded initially and $2,500 upon
Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore
Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship Program 2010, ISEAS, Singapore The Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre of the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS) in Singapore, which pursues research on historical interactions among Asian societies and civilizations, is accepting applications from scholars who wish to undertake research and writing in the area of intra-Asian historical interactions during
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.