The Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of East Anglia, England, has an excellent internationally renowned research reputation with strong international and European links to universities, research institutes and research councils throughout the world. Researchers at UEA have extensive international networks and regularly engage with governments, policy advisers and other public and private sector organisations.
Our research programmes, and reputation help graduates to enter a wide range of professions: academic, practitioner or policy-related work, and careers in the private and public sectors.
The Social Sciences Graduate School is pleased to announce that it will be awarding up to 10 University funded PhD studentships. Within this a number of awards that will cover full international fees and some studentships combining an approved research Master’s course and a PhD (4 years total funding) are available.
Studentships are available for the following Schools; please follow the links for School specific details:
- Education and Lifelong Learning
- International Development
- Norwich Business School
- Social Work
Studentships cover tuition fees (UK/EU rates), a tax-free maintenance grant (currently £14,777 per year), and a research training support grant. International students are welcome to apply for a number of awards that cover additional international fees to the standard 3-year award.
Applications for all studentships are invited from suitably qualified graduates. Candidates applying for a PhD studentship should hold, or expect to hold, relevant undergraduate and Master’s degrees (or equivalent) including some research experience. Candidates applying for a 1+3 studentship should hold or expect to hold a relevant undergraduate degree. Candidates will be interviewed, usually via telephone or Skype, as part of the selection process. EU and international applicants may be required to provide evidence of competence in the English Language.
Application deadline is 20 January 2019
For further information please contact the UEA Postgraduate Research Office:
Tel: +44 (0)1603 59 1709
For more information, please visit: www.uea.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Social Sciences Graduate School Research PhD Studentships, University of East Anglia, UK
Social Sciences Graduate School Research PhD Studentships are offered to prospective candidates for the academic year 2019/20. The Studentships will be available under the Scheme to applicants who, in their research proposal, can clearly demonstrate academic excellence in areas relevant to the strategic interests of the School of International Development. Please see
Faculty of Science International PhD Scholarships, University of East Anglia, UK
The Faculty of Science at the University of East Anglia has a number of partial scholarships available to support academically outstanding international research students. These will have the value equivalent to 25% of the University’s International student fee for three years. Candidates should have secured an offer of a place
International Foundation Scholarships, University of East Anglia, UK
University of East Anglia International Foundation Scholarships 2013-14 Law Applications to this scholarship are open to all international fee-paying students who: Hold an unconditional offer to the INTO UEA International Foundation pathway in Humanities and Law And intend to progress onto the LLB Law degree programme at the University of East Anglia. For applications to
PhD Studentships, University of East Anglia, UK
There are three schemes under which you can apply for scholarship in the academic year 2017/8 (see below). All three have identical academic requirements – a strong research proposal and strong performance on a relevant Masters degree. The main difference between the schemes is in the deadlines for application, but
Faculty of Arts and Humanities Studentships, University of East Anglia, UK
The Faculty of Arts and Humanities will be offering 18 studentships for entry in October 2017 open to UK, EU and International applicants. Areas of study: American Studies Anthropology of Art Art History Film, Television and Media Studies History Language and Communication Studies Translation Studies Literature, Drama and Creative Writing Museum
Postgraduate Research Studentships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
QMUL offers research studentships to the value of around £12 million to support PhD students each year. These include our own prestigious QMUL Principal's Postgraduate Research Studentships, as well as Research Council UK (RCUK) funded studentships, funding from industry, and from research charities and cultural institutions. The Postgraduate Research Studentships set
MSc Academic and Professional Scholarships, University of East Anglia, UK
Competitive scholarships equal to full International fees are available to students taking any of our Academic and Professional programmes: MSc Economics MSc Finance and Economics MSc Behavioural and Experimental Economics MSc Industrial Economics These programmes are ideally suited to those who seek advanced training in economics and those who wish to
PhD Studentships at University of the West of England, UK
This is an exciting time to be at the University of the West of England. An excellent performance in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise reinforced UWE’s position as one of the leading and fastest growing post-92 universities for research, and this growth is set to continue. In a move designed
School of International Development Full Fees Scholarship, University of East Anglia, UK
A full fee award may be offered to one international taught applicant on the basis of academic excellence (e.g. first class degree) and their personal statement. How to apply: All eligible candidates to whom the School have made an offer are automatically considered for nomination. Deadline for Applications (full fee scholarships): 31 March 2017. Please
140 Master & Doctoral Research Studentships, Northumbria University, UK
Northumbria University, through its Corporate Strategy, seeks to establish a position among the best of a new type of excellent university – strong in the fundamental activities of teaching and research and in using these activities to make a real difference to people, enterprises and communities. As part of our continuing
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.