QMUL offers research studentships to the value of around £12 million to support PhD students each year. These include our own prestigious QMUL Principal’s Postgraduate Research Studentships, as well as Research Council UK (RCUK) funded studentships, funding from industry, and from research charities and cultural institutions.
The Postgraduate Research Studentships set out on this page typically provide funding for up to three years of PhD study. The studentships cover tuition fees and provide maintenance paid at a rate of c£16,000 pa. We anticipate offering up to 100 studentships for entry in 2019. They include:
- QMUL Principal’s Postgraduate Research Studentships are available to applicants of any nationality, for PhDs in any area of the Humanities and Social Sciences, Science and Engineering. There is no separate application process for these awards. Applications must be received by 31 January 2019, with the exception of applications for Law which must be received by 7 December 2018.
- RCUK Research Studentships are generally restricted to Home and EU students researching particular subject areas. In general, there is no separate application process for these awards and applications must be received by 31 January 2019.
- Research Studentships funded through industry, research charities, and cultural organisations are typically tied to a particular PhD project and have variable eligibility criteria. They have deadlines throughout the year and will be advertised at www.findaphd.com or on departmental websites.
For further information about the Postgraduate Research Studentships available in your subject area at this time, see the webages of the relevant school or department.
All QMUL’s Postgraduate Research Studentships are administered directly by academic Schools and Institutes: they are committed to finding funding for exceptional candidates, so please do not hesitate to for further guidance.
For more information, please visit: www.qmul.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Living Allowance + Tuition Fees Doctoral Scholarships, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Fully Funded Art Major Asian Scholarships, Korea National University of Arts, South Korea
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Full Tuition Fee LLM Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Fully Funded Doctoral Scholarships in Engineering, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- Fully Funded Undergraduate Scholarship for Student from Developing Country, University of Westminster, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for International Students, University of the West of England, UK
- Fully Funded GCE A Level Scholarships for Indonesian Students, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
PhD Studentships, School of Geography, Queen Mary, University of London, UK
Queen Mary Studentships are open to suitably qualified candidates from the UK, EU and overseas. In the case of overseas applicants, the difference in cost between Home/EU and Overseas fees will be met by the School. The School is committed to appointing only the very best candidates to our PhD program.
Student Finance 2010/11, Queen Mary, UK Government
Bursaries: financial support offered by Queen Mary – University of London In addition to the financial support described above which is provided by the Government, Queen Mary will offer its own financial support package in the form of bursaries to assist students with the cost of study. Bursaries: Financial support offered by
LLM in Law and Economics Partial Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
The Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) and the School of Economics and Finance are offering three partial scholarships worth 50 per cent of the tuition fee each to outstanding Home/EU and overseas full time candidates. These partial scholarships will be deducted from tuition fees payable to the college. The successful
International Science and Engineering Excellence Awards, Queen Mary University of London, UK
In recognition of the important investment that overseas students are making in their education, Queen Mary is pleased to offer International Science and Engineering Excellence Awards for 2016 entry. These awards are for the value of £5,000 and are designed to reward academic achievement and help attract the brightest and
PhD Studentships, School of Law, Queen Mary University of London, UK
The School of Law offers PhD supervision in a number of areas of legal research. For information on the areas of law we cover, how to apply, entry criteria and required application documents visit our PhD programme page. The application advice given on the School of Law web pages takes
School of English and Drama Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship, Queen Mary University of London, UK
We will be awarding one Excellence Scholarship in 2017-18 for students pursuing our BA in English, BA in Drama or BA in English and Drama. The Scholarship will cover 50% of the course fees (for the standard duration of the course) and will go to an International student (paying overseas fees) Eligibility
LLM in Energy and Natural Resources Law Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP and the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) are pleased to offer a full tuition fee only scholarship (one) for the September 2018 intake for students wishing to follow the LLM in Energy and Natural Resources Law Programme. Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship? Students holding
School of English and Drama Postgraduate Excellence Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
We will be awarding two School of English and Drama Excellence Scholarships in 2017-18 for students pursuing our MA in Theatre and Performance or our MA in English Studies (any of the seven pathways) or our MA in Poetry. The Scholarships cover 50% of the course fees – one scholarship will
PhD Scholarships in Intellectual Property, Queen Mary University of London, UK
New PhD students undertaking full-time research in the area of Intellectual Property (IP) can apply for a Herchel Smith Scholarship to start in the 2018-19 academic year. The award covers three years of study while in full time enrolment, subject to satisfactory annual progress reports. The award will cover all tuition
MSc in Law and Finance Partial Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
The School of Economics and Finance and the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) are offering two partial scholarships worth one third of the tuition fee each to outstanding full time candidates. What does the scholarship cover? How are they paid? The partial scholarship covers one third of the tuition fee only
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.