The President’s Graduate Fellowship (PGF) is awarded to candidates who show exceptional promise or accomplishment in research. A number of Ph.D. research students are selected each semester by the University for the award.
The PGF is open to full-time candidates of all nationalities. Incoming Ph.D. students and current NUS Research Scholars (with the exception of SMA and NGS students) who have passed the Ph.D. Qualifying Examination (QE) are eligible to be considered for the award.
- A monthly stipend throughout the period of award as follows:
- Tuition fees at the University;
- A one-off air travel allowance for 1 one-way ticket of up to S$750 (only for overseas students); and
- A one-off settling allowance of S$1,000 (only for overseas students)
The award is tenable for an initial 1 year and, subject to the awardee’s satisfactory progress, renewable annually up to a maximum of 4 years. For candidates who were transferred from a NUS Research Scholarship to a PGF, the total period of their tenure on both schemes must not exceed 4 years.
Incoming Ph.D. students will have to indicate their interest in the PGF via the NUS Graduate Research Programme Application System. Current NUS Research Scholars who have passed the Ph.D. QE and wish to be considered for the award will have to apply to their respective departments.
August intake: 15 November
January intake: 15 May
Notification of Award
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their applications sometime in May (for August intake) or October (January intake).
Terms and Conditions
Successful applicants are required to sign a letter of undertaking agreeing to observe the terms and conditions for the award of the PGF. A copy of the current terms and conditions can be accessed here.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) for Research and Technology Graduate Fellowships 2010, Singapore
The Singapore Ministry of Education has established 100 four-year fellowships for new doctoral students at NTU or NUS who will conduct their research at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology Centre (SMART Centre). The establishment of this Fellowship Programme is intended to attract to NTU and NUS the best and
Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
The Asia Research Institute of NUS invites applications from citizens of Asian countries enrolled for a fulltime advanced degree at a university in an Asian country (except Singapore) for consideration for the award of Asian Graduate Student Fellowships. These fellowships are offered to current graduate students doing their Master’s or
Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarships (NPGS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
The Nanyang President's Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career by studying for a PhD at NTU. Who is eligible? There is no restriction as to the nationality of candidates but
NGS Scholarship (NGSS), National University of Singapore
The NGS Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research. Terms Monthly stipend of S$3,200 up to 4 years of the PhD studies, or up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier. Other allowances include computer allowance book allowance conference allowance. Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot
Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
The Ministry of Education has recently launched a prestigious Singapore-MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship. These 4-year SMA Graduate Fellowships are available for highly talented doctoral graduate education and research for students from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and National University of Singapore (NUS) who wish to conduct
NUS MBA Awards – National University of Singapore
Over S$1 million worth of NUS MBA Study Awards will be awarded to deserving full-time candidates of all nationalities and part-time Singaporean candidates who showcase well-rounded, exceptional and promising profiles. Scholarships will be given based on background, performance during the application process and overall leadership potential of the candidates. Dean's Award:
MSc in Strategic Studies, International Relations at Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Please be informed that application for Master of Science in Strategic Studies, International Relations, International Political Economy and Asian Studies Programmes for AY2010/2011 (Admission in Aug 2010) is now open! The online application will be closed on 28 February 2010. We have various Scholarships / Study Awards available to both Singaporeans and
PhD Scholarships – Singapore University of Technology and Design
The SUTD PhD Programme offers you a chance to collaborate with the best in their fields. We offer the following in-house scholarships on a competitive basis to outstanding full-time PhD Programme applicants: SUTD President’s Graduate Fellowship (PhD) Open to all nationalities Full tuition fees Monthly stipend of: S$3,500 (Singapore Citizens) S$3,200 (Singapore
Graduate Fellowships and Postdoctoral Positions in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Singapore
Dr. Qihua Xiong won 2nd batch Singapore National Research Foundation Research Fellowship (NRF-RF) and recently joined Nanyang Technological University as a Nanyang Assistant Professor. With a strong support from both NRF and NTU, Dr. Xiong is expecting to establish a vibrant group dedicated into the research in nanoscience and nanotechnology. Dr.
Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
The Asian Civilisations Museum (ACM) in Singapore invites scholars specialising in Buddhist art or Indian Trade Textiles to apply for a 12-month research fellowship. The applications will be screened by a committee of eminent scholars and will be administered by the Research and Publication Unit (RPU) of ACM. The research fellowships
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.