The Sato International Scholarship Foundation grants two types of scholarship for self-supporting students from ASEAN countries as well as Southwest Asian countries enrolled in a Japanese undergraduate or graduate institution:
1. Scholarship for Self-Supporting Students
2. Scholarship for Short-Term Exchange Students.
Students from the Following Countries are Eligible to Apply
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, East Timor, Vietnam.
Scholarship for Self-Supporting Students
The applicant must be residing in Japan, enrolled in or accepted to a legitimate program. Please apply through the students’ office of your university.
Amount of Scholarship
Undergraduate students: 120,000 yen/month
Graduate students: 180,000 yen/month (plus additional support to cover cost for attending conferences)
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
Number of Scholarships Granted
Around 25 students will be accepted.
The applicant must be a citizen from the aforesaid countries, who does not hold Japanese citizenship and must be enrolled in a Japanese undergraduate or graduate institution, under the jurisdiction of the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
Visit official website.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Sato International Scholarship Foundation, University of Tokyo, Japan
Sato International Scholarship Foundation, for October 2011/April 2012 scholar Qualifications: Self-supporting international students from countries specified by the foundation (see below for the list of specified countries), who are/ will be enrolled in the regular course. (With a “College Student” visa) With enough Japanese language ability for study/research. Enrollment period of
Inpex Scholarship Foundation for Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Japan
Inpex Scholarship Foundation – Tokyo is currently opening the 2012 graduate scholarship program for Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) staff who’s interested to pursue Master’s Degree. The general requirements are the applicant must be under 30 years old when applying and the cumulative GPA should be above 3,0. This program is
Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship, Japan
With the goals of further strengthening the fundamentals of international research into Japan and deepening understanding of Japan, the Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship invites leading international researchers of the Japanese language, Japanese language education, Japanese literature and Japanese culture to Japan to conduct residential research. Eligible research Japanese language Japanese
Master Scholarships by The OKAZAKI KAHEITA International Scholarship Foundation, Japan
Anyone who supports the objectives of the foundation to build his/her own country and to promote international friendship, is outstanding in personality and ability, in sound health and is deemed to be in need of financial assistance for educational expenses, and who meets the following qualifications: Be a citizen of Indonesia Be
Japanese Urological Association (JUA) International Foundation Scholarship for Young Asian Urologists
2012 Japanese Urological Association (JUA) International Foundation Scholarship for Young Asian Urologists The Japanese Urological Association International Foundation provides young urologists in Asian countries with support to observe surgeries/procedures, as well as attend clinics and staff activities in Japan for 2 to 3 months. This program supports both urological and endourological
The Nippon Foundation Nikkei Scholarship “Dream Come True Project” 2010
The Nippon Foundation Nikkei Scholarship provide an opportunity to study in Japan for young Japanese descents having definite plans and dreams of promoting understanding between the country of resident and Japan and contributing to the development of the country of resident and local communities. Qualification Requirements Applicants must
Hitachi Research Fellowship, Hitachi Scholarship Foundation, Japan
The Hitachi Scholarship Foundation (“Foundation”) provides the scholars and researchers in Southeast Asian countries with opportunities to conduct their post-doctorate and cooperative research in the field of science and technology at Japanese universities or research institutes under the following conditions. 1. Term of Fellowship 1-1 One (1) to three (3) months for
Travel Grant for Starting Scholars from Overseas, Japan Sociological Society
The Japan Sociological Society Travel Grant for Starting Scholars from Overseas The 84th Annual Meeting of the Japan Sociological Society Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan September 17 -18, 2011 The International Liaison Committee of the Japan Sociological Society (JSS) is pleased to announce its fifth annual Travel Grant competition for starting scholars living outside of Japan.
Master & PhD Scholarships, Hitachi Scholarship Foundation, Japan
The Hitachi Scholarship provides an excellent opportunity for Southeast Asian universities to send faculty members, who wish to continue teaching and research at their universities after graduation, to Japan as part of their human development programs. Recipients of this award are invited to attend Japanese public and private graduate schools
Monbukagakusho Scholarships, Student Research Program, Japan
The program is intended for those interested in research student programs in universities in Japan. Interested undergoing research student at the time allowed to apply to degree programs (S-2 / S-3 / professional graduate course) or S-3 to continue the program after completing the program S-2 / professional graduate course, if
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.