PhD Studentship in When Machine Learning Meets Big Data in Wireless Communications
Recent several decades have witnessed the exponential growth in commercial data services, which lead to step in the so-called big data era. The pervasive increasing data traffic present both the imminent challenges and new opportunities to all aspects of wireless system design, such as efficient wireless caching, drone base station deployment and adaptive nonorthogonal multiple access design. Machine learning, as one of the most promising artificial intelligence tools, has been invoked in many areas both in the academia and industry. Nevertheless, the application of machine learning in wireless communication scenarios is still in its infancy, which motivates to develop this phD project. The aim of this phD project is to use social media data to predict the requirements of mobile users for improving the performance of wireless networks.
All applicants should hold a masters level degree at first /distinction level in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering (or a related discipline). Applicants should have a good knowledge of English and ability to express themselves clearly in both speech and writing. The successful candidate must be strongly motivated for doctoral studies, must have demonstrated the ability to work independently and to perform critical analysis.
Candidates are asked to possess fundamental knowledge and skills in two or more of the following areas:
- Excellent background in communication theory and signal processing algorithms. Good knowledge of emerging 5G and IoT techniques, such as NOMA, wireless caching and mobile computing, UAV, V2X, etc.
- Prior experience/education in both theory and practice of machine learning.
- Hands on experience using one of the following deep learning libraries: Tensorflow, PyTorch, Theano or similar.
- Good coding skills. (Python and C++ are considered a plus).
All nationalities are eligible to apply for this studentship. We offer a 3-years fully funded PhD studentship, with a bursary ~£16.5K/year and a fee waiver (including non-EU students), supported by the School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science of the Queen Mary University of London, UK. The first supervisor is Dr. Yuanwei Liu . In addition to the studentship, we also welcome applications from students supported by other funding with relevant background or experience.
To apply, please follow the on-line instructions at the college web-site for research degree applicants. At the page, select ‘Electronic Engineering in the list “FIND”’ and follow the instructions on the right-hand side of the web page. Please note that instead of the ‘Research Proposal’ we request a ‘Statement of Research Interests’. Your statement (no more than 500 words) should answer two questions:
- Why are you interested in the topic described above?
- What relevant experience do you have?
Please attach your CV, a transcript of records, and the title/s of your MSc dissertation/s.
In addition, we would also like you to send a sample of your written work, e.g., a chapter of your final year dissertation, or a published paper. More details can be found at: www.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/phd/apply
Applicants seeking further information or feedback on their suitability are encouraged to contact Dr. Yuanwei Liu with subject “Machine Learning & Wireless Communications PhD”. However, please, do not send documents as they will be reviewed only after the deadline.
The closing date for the applications is 18th September 2018.
Interviews are expected to take place in the end of September/beginning of October 2018.
Starting date: November 2018- April 2019 (dates can be flexible).
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
PhD Studentships, School of Geography, Queen Mary, University of London, UK
Queen Mary Studentships are open to suitably qualified candidates from the UK, EU and overseas. In the case of overseas applicants, the difference in cost between Home/EU and Overseas fees will be met by the School. The School is committed to appointing only the very best candidates to our PhD program.
International Science and Engineering Excellence Awards, Queen Mary University of London, UK
In recognition of the important investment that overseas students are making in their education, Queen Mary is pleased to offer International Science and Engineering Excellence Awards for 2016 entry. These awards are for the value of £5,000 and are designed to reward academic achievement and help attract the brightest and
Student Finance 2010/11, Queen Mary, UK Government
Bursaries: financial support offered by Queen Mary – University of London In addition to the financial support described above which is provided by the Government, Queen Mary will offer its own financial support package in the form of bursaries to assist students with the cost of study. Bursaries: Financial support offered by
Doctoral Studentships in Engineering & Computer Science, City University London, UK
The School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering at City University London is offering 6 full-time, three-year doctoral studentships, in the fields of Engineering and Computer Science, for 2016/17 entry. Applications are invited from exceptional UK, EU and international graduates wishing to pursue cutting-edge research in any of the School's
LLM in Law and Economics Partial Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
The Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) and the School of Economics and Finance are offering three partial scholarships worth 50 per cent of the tuition fee each to outstanding Home/EU and overseas full time candidates. These partial scholarships will be deducted from tuition fees payable to the college. The successful
Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarships, Faculty of Science and Engineering, University of Limerick, Ireland
Faculty of Science and Engineering Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships 2010/11 A number of scholarships available to Non-Eu International students for the following programmes: Bachelor of Science Industrial Biochemistry Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical and Industrial Chemistry Bachelor of Science Applied Physics Bachelor of Engineering Computer Engineering Bachelor of Engineering in Electronic Engineering Bachelor of Engineering in Robotic
School of English and Drama Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship, Queen Mary University of London, UK
We will be awarding one Excellence Scholarship in 2017-18 for students pursuing our BA in English, BA in Drama or BA in English and Drama. The Scholarship will cover 50% of the course fees (for the standard duration of the course) and will go to an International student (paying overseas fees) Eligibility
PhD Studentships, School of Law, Queen Mary University of London, UK
The School of Law offers PhD supervision in a number of areas of legal research. For information on the areas of law we cover, how to apply, entry criteria and required application documents visit our PhD programme page. The application advice given on the School of Law web pages takes
PhD Studentships, Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance, UK
The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance (http://www.sicsa.ac.uk) is a collaboration of leading Scottish Universities whose aim is to work together to consolidate and extend Scotland’s position as an international research leader in computer science and informatics. As part of this, the Scottish Graduate Academy in Informatics and Computer Science
PhD Studentship, Department of Earth Science and Engineering, Imperial College London, UK
PhD Studentship Experimental Investigation of Fluid Flow and Mass Transport in Heap Leaching Imperial College London - Department of Earth Science and Engineering A Rio Tinto studentship is being offered to an excellent student in Chemical Engineering, Minerals Processing or related disciplines. The studentship will cover all student fees, and also offers a
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.