The School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences (PPLS) is pleased to offer a number of PhD scholarships for programmes starting in the 2019/20 academic year. The scholarships are available to postgraduate students intending to study for a PhD within PPLS on either a full or part-time basis. The awards are offered on a highly competitive basis and are subject to annual renewal.
Applications are welcome from students applying to study in any of our three subject areas: Philosophy, Psychology and Linguistics & English Language (LEL)
- These scholarships are funded by the School of PPLS.
- The award provides full-time tuition fees (UK/EU or overseas level) with an annual stipend of £14,553 for three years (pro rata for part-time students)
- The successful applicant will have a very good undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and ideally will have, or will be studying for, a postgraduate masters degree (or equivalent).
- Existing doctoral researchers (i.e. those in their 1st or 2nd year of doctoral study) are not eligible for this award.
Apply to the relevant PhD programme by Friday 30th November 2018. All complete PhD applications received by these deadlines will be considered for the scholarships. There is no additional application form, you will be automatically considered.
- Read further information specific to subject areas.
- Complete the application for the relevant PhD programme.
We encourage projects in the following areas:
Using principles of group identity to improve crowd safety in emergencies and at mass events by exploring the role of group identity on feelings of safety, empowerment, and well-being. More broadly, examining underlying prejudice and stigmatisation (and how these can be overcome), the role of collective action and efficacy in political change, and antecedents to political behaviour.
Neuroscience of language
Investigating cognitive control of semantic memory and natural speech, particularly declines in these abilities in healthy ageing and neurodegeneration.
For more information, please visit: www.ed.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Drever Trust MSc Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
Two scholarships are available to Masters students commencing any subject in Psychology within the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences. This scholarship covers fees at the UK/EU level for the one year duration of any MSc programme in Psychology. A small additional amount may also be available to contribute
MSc Scholarships in Psychology, University of Edinburgh, UK
Two scholarships are available to Masters students commencing any subject in Psychology within the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences. This scholarship covers fees at the UK/EU level for the one year duration of any MSc programme in Psychology. Eligibility The scholarship is open to applicants from any country, who are
School of Biological Sciences Taught Postgraduate Bursaries, University of Edinburgh, UK
The School of Biological Sciences is offering bursaries for applicants studying eligible masters programmes in the 2017-2018 academic session. Awards Each bursary will have a value of £10,000 and is intended to assist with tuition fees. The bursary is only tenable for one academic year. Eligibility Eligible students must be nationals of countries outwith
Doctoral Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Leuven International Doctoral School for the Humanities and Social Sciences There are many good reasons for continuing your academic career at the K.U.Leuven: the content of the programme, the quality of instruction, the international scope of the education and research and the excellent facilities and services available for international students. Doctoral Candidates
Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship, University of Edinburgh, UK
These awards are designed to attract high quality overseas research students to the University of Edinburgh. 30 Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships will be awarded for session 2016-2017. Each award covers the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU graduate student and that chargeable to an overseas graduate student. The awards do
The Greenbank Scholarship, University of Edinburgh, UK
Four scholarships are available for postgraduate Masters study in any subject within the College of Humanities and Social Sciences for the 2016-2017 academic session. Each scholarship will have a value of £2,500 and will be tenable for one academic year. Eligibility The scholarships will be awarded to students who are accepted for admission
University of Edinburgh Business School Doctoral Scholarships, UK
The Business School offers up to six fully funded scholarships across any area of study within the doctoral programme. Deadline: 1st May 2017 Nationality Criteria: All countries Value: £14,500 per year plus fees over 4 years You must submit your online application for the PhD programme by the scholarship closing date. Your
The University of Edinburgh Business School Scholarships, UK
The University of Edinburgh Business School is offering a number of scholarships covering part of the fees for students commencing study of one of our Masters courses in September 2017. These will be based on merit and available to all applicants for all the Business School taught MSc courses. Eligibility The scholarships
Scottish Overseas Research Students Award Scheme (SORSAS), University of Edinburgh, UK
This award is designed to attract high quality overseas research students to Scottish universities. Each award covers the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU graduate student and that chargeable to an overseas graduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses. Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for
MSc Scholarships in Science Communication and Public Engagement, University of Edinburgh, UK
The Deanery of Biomedical Sciences will offer five Master's scholarships for the 2016-2017 academic session. Each scholarship will have a value of £2,000 and will be tenable for one academic year. Eligibility The scholarships will be awarded to international (non-EU) students who are currently resident in one of the countries on the DAC
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.