Applications are invited for up to seven fully funded studentships in the School of Social Sciences at Loughborough University. The School is looking for highly motivated and talented scholars able to extend the School’s reputation for excellent, adventurous, cutting-edge research.
Loughborough University is a top-ten rated university in England for research intensity (REF 2014). In choosing Loughborough for your research, you’ll work alongside academics who are leaders in their field. You will benefit from comprehensive support and guidance from our Doctoral College, including tailored careers advice, to help you succeed in your research and future career.
Internationally renowned for its research excellence, the University has a vibrant research student community of around 1200 students supported by a £6 million annual investment. In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, every unit was found to be undertaking research that is internationally recognised, with many regarded as ‘world leading’. The University is ranked top 10 in UK university league tables and Social Science is listed in the top 100 THES 2018 world university rankings.
The School comprises Geography and Environment, Politics and International Studies, Communication and Media, and Social and Policy Studies. It is a partner in the Central England NERC Training Alliance (CENTA) for doctoral training and the Midlands Graduate School ESRC Doctoral Training Partnership.
Applications are invited from outstanding scholars working in any area of human and physical geography, communications and media, social and policy studies and politics and international studies. We are especially keen to recruit excellent researchers with interests in climate science and hydroclimatic extremes, migration and mobility, urban development and economy; digital media, social theory and cultural consumption, Black British culture, culture and social inequality, interpersonal communication; poverty – child poverty and inequality; bioethics and biomedicine; Cold war decolonisation, militarism, war and gender.
You must contact the School before submission to discuss your proposal. As a research student you will be provided with research skills training and support from internationally recognised academics.
The studentships are open to articulate, well qualified and highly motivated UK/EU graduates with backgrounds in relevant disciplines. The studentship provides a tax-free stipend of £14,777 per annum plus tuition fees at the UK/EU rate. International (non EU/UK) students may apply however the total value of the studentship will be used towards the cost of the International tuition fee in the first instance. Studentships are for three years and all candidates will be expected to register for 1 October 2019.
Application deadline: 14 January 2019
Find out more
- Communications and Media/Social and Policy Studies
- Geography and Environment
- Politics and International Studies
For more information, please visit: www.lboro.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships in Sociology and Politics, University of Bristol, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Undergraduate Maths Scholarships for International Students, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Full Tuition Fee LLM Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
Postgraduate Research Studentships in Social Sciences, University of East Anglia, UK
The Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of East Anglia, England, has an excellent internationally renowned research reputation with strong international and European links to universities, research institutes and research councils throughout the world. Researchers at UEA have extensive international networks and regularly engage with governments, policy advisers and
140 Master & Doctoral Research Studentships, Northumbria University, UK
Northumbria University, through its Corporate Strategy, seeks to establish a position among the best of a new type of excellent university – strong in the fundamental activities of teaching and research and in using these activities to make a real difference to people, enterprises and communities. As part of our continuing
Social Sciences Graduate School Research PhD Studentships, University of East Anglia, UK
Social Sciences Graduate School Research PhD Studentships are offered to prospective candidates for the academic year 2019/20. The Studentships will be available under the Scheme to applicants who, in their research proposal, can clearly demonstrate academic excellence in areas relevant to the strategic interests of the School of International Development. Please see
Postgraduate Research Studentships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
QMUL offers research studentships to the value of around £12 million to support PhD students each year. These include our own prestigious QMUL Principal's Postgraduate Research Studentships, as well as Research Council UK (RCUK) funded studentships, funding from industry, and from research charities and cultural institutions. The Postgraduate Research Studentships set
Doctoral Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Leuven International Doctoral School for the Humanities and Social Sciences There are many good reasons for continuing your academic career at the K.U.Leuven: the content of the programme, the quality of instruction, the international scope of the education and research and the excellent facilities and services available for international students. Doctoral Candidates
University Doctoral Studentships, City University London, UK
City provides a number of fully-funded, full-time, three-year Doctoral Studentships to outstanding candidates as part of its ongoing investment in academic excellence. For entry in October 2012, we will be offering up to 70 new Doctoral Studentships. Eligibility University Doctoral Studentships are available to both UK/EU and overseas fee-paying students who will be
Vice-Chancellor’s Research Scholarship, Loughborough University, UK
Our new Vice Chancellor’s Research Scholarship offers a 20% tuition fee scholarship for PhD study to high calibre students who achieved a first-class undergraduate degree (or international equivalent). Loughborough is a leading UK university, with an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research, two vibrant postgraduate campuses, strong links with
PhD Studentships at University of the West of England, UK
This is an exciting time to be at the University of the West of England. An excellent performance in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise reinforced UWE’s position as one of the leading and fastest growing post-92 universities for research, and this growth is set to continue. In a move designed
PhD Studentships in Behaviour, Choices and Markets, University of Aberdeen, UK
PhD Studentships: Behaviour, Choices and Markets University of Aberdeen The principle aim of Behaviour, Choices and Markets is to create a platform for a comprehensive investigation of behaviour and choice within markets and society. This is set within an all-embracing framework interpreted through the perspectives of economic and social science principles. Incentives
PhD Studentships, School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, UK
PhD Studentships for international overseas students with bursaries available against fees. Projects are available in research groups allied to Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Pharmacy, Optometry and Psychology. Applications are invited for three year Research Studentships to be undertaken in the School of Life and Health Sciences at Aston University to start in
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.