Two different scholarships are available:
- The Full Degree Scholarship is awarded to students enrolling in year one of a UQ Faculty of Science full degree program and is a single payment of AU$10,000
- The Advanced Standing Scholarship is awarded to students enrolling in a UQ Faculty of Science program with advanced standing (credit articulation), for example on the basis of previous study at a Polytechnic, and is a single payment of AU$3,000.
Following the closing date, UQ will select winners based on a competitive, merit-based process, based on:
- Candidates’ academic performance as demonstrated by their Grade Point Averages (GPA)
- Candidates’ potential to contribute to science, assessed on the basis of their personal statements
To be eligible for a UQ Science International Scholarship, you must:
- Be classified as an international student in Australia
- Have an unconditional or a conditional offer (with all conditions met by the scholarship closing date) from UQ
- For undergraduate programs, have completed senior high school and obtained an entry score that equates to a Queensland Tertiary Education rank of 96 or higher
- For postgraduate programs, have completed an undergraduate degree and obtained a GPA (Grade Point Average) of 6 or higher on a 7-point scale
- Not have already commenced your studies at UQ, even if you seek a change of program
- Not simultaneously hold another scholarship
- For the Full Degree Scholarships: be an international student enrolling in year one of a UQ Faculty of Science full degree program
- For the Advanced Standing Scholarships: be an international student enrolling in a UQ Faculty of Science program with advanced standing (credit articulation)
How to apply
For either the Full Degree Scholarship or the Advanced Standing Scholarship:
- Lodge an official UQ undergraduate or postgraduate application form for international students for entry into one of the eligible Science programs either directly to UQ or through your agent.
- Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an unconditional offer (or a conditional offer providing that all conditions are to be met by the scholarship closing date).
- Complete and submit the Science International Scholarship online application form.
- 15 January 2018 for semester 1 (February) 2018 commencement
- 1 June 2018 for semester 2 (July) 2018 commencement
Incomplete applications or applications which are found to be inaccurate, false or misleading will not be considered.
Before you apply:
You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Faculty of Science
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded Doctoral Scholarships in Engineering, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Fully Funded Art Major Asian Scholarships, Korea National University of Arts, South Korea
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Queensland, Australia
University of Queensland International offers a limited number of scholarship opportunities for outstanding international students intending to study in an undergraduate program at The University of Queensland. Any undergraduate program offered at the University except quota programmes: Oral Health, Dental Science, Physiotherapy, Occupational Health and Safety Science, Medicine/Surgery, Arts and Medicine/Surgery
Vice-Chancellor’s International Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Southern Queensland, Australia
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) will offer two Scholarships in Semester 2, 2013 to outstanding international students intending to study a postgraduate degree by coursework. You must be intending to study full-time, on-campus at USQ Toowoomba, Springfield or Fraser Coast and therefore must be able to study in Australia
Institute for Molecular Bioscience Honours Scholarship, University of Queensland, Australia
For: Domestic and International students intending to commence an Honours project at IMB in 2014. Value: AUD$2,500 Duration: One academic year (full-time) Closing date for applications: 22 November 2013 How to apply: In order to apply for the scholarship you need to provide: A letter of support from the IMB Group Leader who will supervise the project Personal Statement
UQ Science International Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Queensland, Australia
Science Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships: Total value AU $12,000 (paid AU $6,000 in first semester of study and AU $6,000 in second semester of study) Science Undergraduate Merit Scholarships: Total value AU $5,000 (paid at AU $3,000 in first semester of study and AU $2,000 in second semester of study) The scholarships are
Master of Architecture International Scholarships, University of Queensland, Australia
The School of Architecture invites outstanding international students to apply for scholarships valued at AUD $14,800 per year. Eligibility The scholarships are available for international students who have completed undergraduate studies and been accepted into the Master of Architecture at UQ. The successful candidates must be classed as an international student
UQ Science International Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Queensland, Australia
The Faculty of Science is proud to offer the UQ Science International Postgraduate Scholarships program. The program is two-tiered with applicants eligible to be considered either for scholarships valued at a total of AU $12,000 or AU $5,000 with one application. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic
TC Beirne School of Law Scholarship, University of Queensland, Australia
This scholarship provides assistance to overseas students* enrolled or enrolling full-time in the Master of Laws (LLM) or Master of International Law (MICLaw) programs. The scholarship will take the form of monetary assistance to help with living expenses for 12 months and will be paid in two installments – one
PhD Scholarship in Physics, University of Queensland, Australia
Quantum Simulation with Neutral Atoms - Experiment Supervisors: Dr Tyler Neely and Prof. Halina Rubinsztein-Dunlop Study in sunny subtropical Brisbane, Australia, within the new ARC Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems (EQuS – http://www.equs.org) at the University of Queensland – ranked in the top 100 institutions internationally. We have a vacancy
Master of Energy Studies Scholarships, University of Queensland, Australia
The University of Queensland is offering a number of scholarships for international and domestic candidates to study the Master of Energy Studies commencing in Semester 1, 2017. Number awarded per year: 6 Award benefits: Fee reduction Up to six scholarships are offered, including: One full tuition fee scholarship (up to $52,500)
Vice-Chancellor’s Research Fellowships, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is offering up to five prestigious Vice-Chancellor`s Research Fellowships for talented early and mid-career researchers. QUT`s reputation for quality research is characterized by strong links with industry, professions and the community. As one of Australia`s fastest growing research universities, QUT is backing its aspirations with a
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.