The Silk-Road Scholarship Program is jointly funded by the SBS Foundation and Seoul National University, established in Fall 2009. This program is designed specifically for students wishing to study Humanities and Social Sciences. Currently the scholarship is awarded for five students annually with financial assistance covering the cost of full tuition fee and living expenses. Students from countries located in the area of the Silk-Road may apply. We believe that education and training of scholars in Humanities related to Korea and Social Sciences is not only central to expanding the international base of Korean studies, but also essential to strengthening global competitiveness of education and research. To this end, this program intends to promote, support, and contribute to:
- expansion of the field of Humanities as a fundamental area of study which was under-funded due to the development of technology field
- supporting education and research for international students
To be eligible to apply, the applicant must fulfill all of following requirements:
- International applicants who are currently enrolling or who graduated from the eligible universities of the Silk-Road Scholarship Program.
- Must be referenced by the university the applicant graduated in following countries:
- Potential graduate/PhD Students who applied for the designated department which participate with the Silk-Road Program for the Fall semester:
- Humanities or Social Sciences (including Korean Language, History, Culture, Politics, and Economics)
- Demonstrate financial need
Important factors in the selection of the scholarship recipients include:
- Commitment to pursuing a career in Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Financial need
- Potential contribution to Korean community.
About the Scholarship
- Only intended for Fall semesters
Value of the award
- Awards cover full tuition fees for 2 years (4 semesters) and provide a grant for living expenses (KRW 600,000 per month), a round-trip airfare up to KRW1, 000,000, and Korean classes up to 2 sessions.
- Scholarships are renewed semi-annually for up to 4 semesters on the basis of academic requirements.
- Students must maintain a grade point average of at least 3.0.
Application procedures and deadlines for the scholarship applicants are the same as international admissions for Fall semester of 2014.
- Submit required documents to the Office of Admissions after completing the on-line application.
- Submit your Silk-Road Scholarship application to the Office of International Affairs by post or in person.
- When decisions are made, only accepted candidates will be contacted.
Important dates and notes
Number of openings
- Five candidates will be selected for 2014 fall semester.
- Application must be received at the Office of International Affairs no later than March 21(Fri), 2014 18:00. (Office of International Affairs(Bldg . 152), Seoul National University, 1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul 151-742, Republic of Korea)
- Scholarship recipients will be notified on June 20(Fri), 2014.
- Only recipients will be notified due to the high volume of application.
- Recipients are expected to write a self-report to the Silk-Road Scholarship Committee on their work at the end of every semester.
- Silk-Road Scholarship Information : notice boards of http://oia.snu.ac.kr, http://en.snu.ac.kr
For additional information concerning the Silk-Road Scholarship Program, contact Jina Yoo (phone: +82-2-880-2519; fax: +82-2-883-8632; email: email@example.com).
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Seoul National University of Science & Technology (SeoulTech), Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: February 1 to March 24, 2013 (subject to change) Campus Guide (Resident Hall, etc.) Dormitory: 3 buildings (accommodating approximately 1,600 students) Room: Single, double & quad rooms equipped with kitchen, laundry machine, etc. Amenities: Cafe, fitness center, convenience store, cafeteria, billiard room, table tennis room Contact: Office of International Affairs: Kim Dong-hun
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kangwon National University, Korea
KGSP Application Period: 1 Feb 2013 ~ 29 Mar 2013 Campus Guide & Important Notes Dormitory KNU offers an international student dormitory (The students can cook directly because the dormitory has cooking facilities) School location Chuncheon (Kangwon National University) is located in the eastern side of Seoul and it takes about one hour from Seoul by
International IT Policy Program Scholarships, Seoul National University, Korea
International IT Policy Program (ITPP) is an international scholarship program and education program that offers a Master's / PhD degree of Seoul National University. Qualification IT related government officials or qualified researchers at National Research Centers working in the IT related fields. IT related researchers with work experiences with Korean entities
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, University of Seoul, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Application Period 2013.1.16(Wed) ~ 2.22(Fri) at 4.00 P.M. Documents Screening & Interview Date : Tuesday, March 12th, 2013 Venue : Designated by each department Process : Proficiency of Korean and English in each department The interview may be executed on the phone only if the applicants are not currently in Korea. Interview 2013.3.12(Tue)
KGSP Graduate Scholarships – Korea University
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: Feb.1,2013~March 8, 2013 Contact: Graduate School : firstname.lastname@example.org (tel:+822-3290-1356~8) Graduate School of International Studies : email@example.com (tel:+822-3290-1394) Important Notes We have two campuses in Seoul(Anam Campus) and Jochiwon(Sejong Campus). There are four colleges in Sejong Campus. All classes by Sejong Campus are conducted in Jochiwon. Korea University Address: 145 Anamro, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul 136-701 (Room
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Seoul National University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Documents submission for Graduate Program Jan. 28th(Mon.), 2013~ Feb. 12th(Tue.) by 17:00 Recommendation to NIIED April 9th(Tue.), 2013 Final Selection by NIIED Apr. 30th(Tue.) 2013 Campus Guide Housing. Consists of 28 buildings containing 2,600 units for up to 4,500 students. For questions : 82-2-880-5404 http://dorm.snu.ac.kr Library. Built in 1946, Seoul National University's
Master & PhD Scholarships, Seoul National University of Science & Technology (SeoulTech), Korea
Ph.D & M.S. Scholarship in Electrical and Information Engineering (EIE) / Computer Science (CS), Seoul National University of Science and Technology (SeoulTech, Seoul, Korea) Ph.D & M.S. Scholarship Opportunity Faculties in the Department of EIE and CS are looking for highly motivated full-time Ph.D & M.S. students interested in conducting cutting-edge research
Graduate Studentships, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, South Korea
Graduate Studentship (MS, PhD) at Kyung Hee University, Seoul, South Korea Graduate School, Kyung Hee University, South Korea The successful applicants will join Department of Biomedical Engineering (http://web.khu.ac.kr/~bme/) or Department of Biomedical Science (http://www.khbiomed.net/intro/intro04.php) to develop and apply MRI sciences for brain imaging. The students will investigate MRI in normal volunteers and/or
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Sookmyung Women’s University, Korea
KGSP Applicaion (University Quota) Submit Application and required documents Feb.14(Thu) 10:00~Mar.28(Thu) 17:00, 2013 Interview Apr. 5(Fri) 14:00, 2013 Recommending the qualified candidates to NIIED ~Apr. 12(Fri) 14:00, 2013 [NIIED] announcement of the successful candidates Apr. 30(Tue), 2013 [NIIED] final announcement of the successful candidates Jun. 17(Mon), 2013 Grantees will enter Korea Aug. 26(Mon) ~ Aug. 28(Wed),
Pusan National University Summer School, South Korea
2017 Pusan National University Summer School Program Duration: Session A (June 20 – July 21, 2017) Session B (July 24 – August 10, 2017) Application deadline: May 1, 2017 Payment deadline: May 15, 2017 PNU Summer School provides international students with an enriched cultural and educational experience through participation in five-week
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.