The SMA Graduate Fellowship is established by the Singapore Ministry of Education in January 2009 to attract the best and most talented Ph.D. students from Singapore, the region and beyond, and educate them to be future leaders in the areas of science and technology. The selection of candidates will take place twice a year, in time for the start of the semesters in August and January.
The Scholarships are open to students of all nationalities who gain admission to any Ph.D. programme at the University whose research interest fits within one or more of the projects currently being carried out in one of the SMART Interdisciplinary Research Groups (IRGs).
- A monthly stipend of S$3,200;
- Tuition fees at NUS; and
- Scholarship allowance of up to $12,000 to help cover the expenses associated with a six-month research residency at MIT.
The award is tenable for 1 year in the first instance; but subject to the scholar’s satisfactory progress, it may be renewed annually. The maximum period of award is four years.
No bond is required.
- Applicants will have to submit their application for the Fellowship cum Ph.D. candidature online.
- Short-listed candidates may be invited to a face-to-face interview either in Singapore or their home country, or may go through a phone interview.
- There is an Information Session on 28 March 2011, 12 noon, Lecture Theatre 1, Faculty of Engineering. All are welcome!
- Application period for January 2012 Intake: 17 May 2011 to 17 July 2011
Notification of Award
Successful candidates will be informed of the outcome of their applications after 18 Oct 2011.
Terms and Conditions
Successful applicants will be required to observe the terms and conditions for the award of the Fellowship. A copy of the current terms and conditions can be accessed here.
Change in Policy
The above information is subject to change at any time.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) for Research and Technology Graduate Fellowships 2010, Singapore
The Singapore Ministry of Education has established 100 four-year fellowships for new doctoral students at NTU or NUS who will conduct their research at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology Centre (SMART Centre). The establishment of this Fellowship Programme is intended to attract to NTU and NUS the best and
SMA3 Graduate Fellowship by Singapore Ministry of Education
The Singapore Ministry of Education has established a four-year fellowship scheme for new doctoral students at NTU or NUS who will conduct their research at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology Centre (SMART Centre). The establishment of this Fellowship Programme is intended to attract to NTU and NUS the best
Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
The Ministry of Education has recently launched a prestigious Singapore-MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship. These 4-year SMA Graduate Fellowships are available for highly talented doctoral graduate education and research for students from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and National University of Singapore (NUS) who wish to conduct
Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
The Asian Civilisations Museum (ACM) in Singapore invites scholars specialising in Buddhist art or Indian Trade Textiles to apply for a 12-month research fellowship. The applications will be screened by a committee of eminent scholars and will be administered by the Research and Publication Unit (RPU) of ACM. The research fellowships
Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management Scholarships, Switzerland
Through the strategic partnership with the USI Università della Svizzera italiana, the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management each year provides a limited number of scholarships to the EMScom Executive Master of Science in Communications Management’s applicants living and working outside of Switzerland. With this initiative, the Global
PhD Scholarships – Singapore University of Technology and Design
The SUTD PhD Programme offers you a chance to collaborate with the best in their fields. We offer the following in-house scholarships on a competitive basis to outstanding full-time PhD Programme applicants: SUTD President’s Graduate Fellowship (PhD) Open to all nationalities Full tuition fees Monthly stipend of: S$3,500 (Singapore Citizens) S$3,200 (Singapore
Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore
Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship Program 2010, ISEAS, Singapore The Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre of the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS) in Singapore, which pursues research on historical interactions among Asian societies and civilizations, is accepting applications from scholars who wish to undertake research and writing in the area of intra-Asian historical interactions during
Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
The Asia Research Institute of NUS invites applications from citizens of Asian countries enrolled for a fulltime advanced degree at a university in an Asian country (except Singapore) for consideration for the award of Asian Graduate Student Fellowships. These fellowships are offered to current graduate students doing their Master’s or
Beasiswa Blackberry Innovation Center (BBIC) – Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB)
Mau Terlibat dalam Pengembangan Smart City? BlackBerry Innovation Center (BBIC) Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB) adalah sebuah pusat penelitian dan inovasi yang disponsori oleh BlackBerry. Saat ini, BBIC sedang mencari peneliti dan pengembang aplikasi untuk aktif terlibat dalam kegiatan implementasi Smart City di Indonesia, yang dibagi ke dalam beberapa cluster kegiatan, antara
2010 Scholarships for Graduate Students, Smart Structures Lab, Chonbuk National University, South Korea
We are building a research team of graduate students or post-doctorate for our laboratory. Our projects are related to the application of laser ultrasound technologies and fiber-optics sensors technologies to the non-destructive test and evaluation (NDT&E), and Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) of important engineering structures, such as wind turbine, space
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.