The Singapore National Research Foundation Fellowship (Singapore NRF Fellowship) is a prestigious Fellowship open to budding researchers in the areas of science and technology. Besides supporting the appointment at NUS, NRF will also provide each appointed Fellow with a research grant of up to US$2 million over 5 years. The research grant to be provided can only be used to fund research conducted in Singapore. More information is available on the NRF website.
- Interested outstanding scientists and researchers under the age of 40 at the close of the call, of any nationality with a Ph.D degree in any discipline of science and technology from a reputable university, are eligible to apply for the Singapore NRF Fellowship.
- Research projects which are already funded by other agencies or being considered for funding by other agencies are not eligible for funding under the Singapore NRF Fellowship Scheme.
- A prior post-doctoral stint at a renowned university or research organisation would be an advantage.
Criteria for Selection
The NRF is looking for the following qualities in the candidates:
- Top quality research talent with excellent scientific credentials as an outstanding young researcher;
- Readiness to take on a first independent research appointment, usually having completed and demonstrated outstanding performance during a first post-doctoral fellowship stint at a reputable university;
- Internationally competitive research project proposal demonstrating scientific excellence;
- Potential and aspiration to become a next generation research leader in his/her field; and
- Willingness to commit to carrying out cutting-edge research on a full-time basis in Singapore if selected.
Terms and conditions
- Gross annual salary is pegged to that of an Assistant Professor and ranges from S$72,000 to S$144,000 (approx. US$49,611 to US$99,221).
- Successful applicants will receive research funding of up to US$2 million dollars over five years.
- Outstanding Fellows may be offered tenured track or permanent positions at the appropriate academic departments in NUS.
- Awardees would be required to take up at least 25% teaching load for the 4th and 5th year of their Fellowship term.
- A full performance review will be conducted at the end of the 3rd year of the award term and each NRF Fellow will be tied to the following expectations:i. Research accomplishment as measured by:
– Quality and impact of research (paper publications and citations counts)
– Recognition of research contribution (collaboration with renowned research groups or individuals, and invitations to major scientific meetings, committees and editorial boards)
ii. Direct interaction with industry and/or generation of IP as evidenced by:
– Industry collaboration
– Invention disclosures/patents filed
– Contribution to innovation and entrepreneurship activities
Performance metrics of the above shall be:
– Training of 6 PhD students and post-docs
– 6 papers published in top journals in your research field as a leading and/or corresponding author
– 2 invention disclosures and/or patents filed
Schedule of annual call and activities
There is one call per year, usually in June. Shortlisted finalists as well as unsuccessful applicants will be notified by December 2010. The final interviews will be held in January 2011, where shortlisted candidates would be invited to Singapore for a campus visit. The outcome would be made known in the following January.
Deadline for current / next call
Deadline to NRF is on 15 September 2010.
Please click here for the online application on NRF’s website.
Applicants need a “RITA account” before application can be done online. Application for the RITA account can be made via https://rita.nrf.gov.sg/default.aspx. All attachments uploaded on RITA must be clearly labelled to facilitate easy identification of the attachment’s contents.
In addition to the online submission, one original hard-copy of the application (inclusive of the RITA application form and all attachments submitted online) signed by the applicant, must be forwarded to NRF for certification and archival purposes. This must be done within one calendar month from the specified application deadline. Please click here for more details.
Visit official website.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) for Research and Technology Graduate Fellowships 2010, Singapore
The Singapore Ministry of Education has established 100 four-year fellowships for new doctoral students at NTU or NUS who will conduct their research at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology Centre (SMART Centre). The establishment of this Fellowship Programme is intended to attract to NTU and NUS the best and
Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
The Asian Civilisations Museum (ACM) in Singapore invites scholars specialising in Buddhist art or Indian Trade Textiles to apply for a 12-month research fellowship. The applications will be screened by a committee of eminent scholars and will be administered by the Research and Publication Unit (RPU) of ACM. The research fellowships
SMA3 Graduate Fellowship by Singapore Ministry of Education
The Singapore Ministry of Education has established a four-year fellowship scheme for new doctoral students at NTU or NUS who will conduct their research at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology Centre (SMART Centre). The establishment of this Fellowship Programme is intended to attract to NTU and NUS the best
Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore
Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship Program 2010, ISEAS, Singapore The Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre of the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS) in Singapore, which pursues research on historical interactions among Asian societies and civilizations, is accepting applications from scholars who wish to undertake research and writing in the area of intra-Asian historical interactions during
Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
The Asia Research Institute of NUS invites applications from citizens of Asian countries enrolled for a fulltime advanced degree at a university in an Asian country (except Singapore) for consideration for the award of Asian Graduate Student Fellowships. These fellowships are offered to current graduate students doing their Master’s or
Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship at SMART
The SMA Graduate Fellowship is established by the Singapore Ministry of Education in January 2009 to attract the best and most talented Ph.D. students from Singapore, the region and beyond, and educate them to be future leaders in the areas of science and technology. The selection of candidates will take
PhD Scholarships – Singapore University of Technology and Design
The SUTD PhD Programme offers you a chance to collaborate with the best in their fields. We offer the following in-house scholarships on a competitive basis to outstanding full-time PhD Programme applicants: SUTD President’s Graduate Fellowship (PhD) Open to all nationalities Full tuition fees Monthly stipend of: S$3,500 (Singapore Citizens) S$3,200 (Singapore
Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
The Ministry of Education has recently launched a prestigious Singapore-MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship. These 4-year SMA Graduate Fellowships are available for highly talented doctoral graduate education and research for students from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and National University of Singapore (NUS) who wish to conduct
NTU-MBA Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Who is eligible? You are eligible for this scholarship if you are an applicant seeking admission to the Nanyang MBA, (full time MBA programme only) at Nanyang Business School, NTU. Eligibility criteria Selection is based mainly on merit, and to a certain extent financial consideration You should not be on paid employment or accept
Graduate Fellowships and Postdoctoral Positions in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Singapore
Dr. Qihua Xiong won 2nd batch Singapore National Research Foundation Research Fellowship (NRF-RF) and recently joined Nanyang Technological University as a Nanyang Assistant Professor. With a strong support from both NRF and NTU, Dr. Xiong is expecting to establish a vibrant group dedicated into the research in nanoscience and nanotechnology. Dr.
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.