The Scholarship is awarded to students from the other ASEAN member countries and tenable for a full-time undergraduate degree course at one of the three universities in Singapore. All disciplines except for Medicine, Dentistry, Architecture and Law are open to Scholars. The duration of each Scholarship is for three or four years, depending on the discipline.
The award is based on academic merit and places will be allocated by open competition. If necessary, a one-year bridging or foundation programme, in addition to the undergraduate studies, will be provided.
There is no bond imposed on the Scholarship by the Singapore Government. The Scholars are expected to return home to contribute to the development of their countries upon graduation.
Citizens of ASEAN member countries (except Singapore) are eligible to apply for the Singapore Scholarship.
Candidates must have an outstanding academic record, a good command of English and meet the entry requirements for NTU, NUS and SMU. The Singapore Scholarship is awarded on a competitive basis on academic merit.
- completed General Certificate of Education Advanced Level with a pass in English and 3 other ‘A’ level subjects within the last 3 years
- currently undergoing 1st year or 2nd year of undergraduate studies in a Cambodian university
- currently undergoing 1st year of undergraduate studies in an Indonesian university
- pass the Indonesia SMU Ujian Akhir Nasional (UAN) with good academic results within the last 3 years
- Grade 12 students taking Indonesian SMU UAN in following year
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- currently undergoing 1st year or 2nd year of undergraduate studies in a Laotian university
- completed any of the following examinations within the last 3 years:i) Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)
ii) General Certificate of Education Advanced Level with a pass in English and 4 other ‘A’ level subjects
iii) Unified Examination Certification (UEC)
- currently undergoing 1st year or 2nd year of undergraduate studies in a Myanmar university
- currently undergoing 1st year or 2nd year of undergraduate studies in a Filipino university
- passed the Thai Mathayom 6 examinations with good results
- currently undergoing 1st year or 2nd year of undergraduate studies in a Vietnamese university
- Grade 12 students taking Vietnam Graduation High School exams in the following year
What is Offered
- The Singapore Scholarship is tenable for the minimum period required to obtain the respective degrees at Nanyang Technological University, National University of Singapore or Singapore Management University. It covers full tuition fees and a living allowance of S$4,300 (covering meals, transport, textbooks and course materials during school semester) per academic year. In addition, a separate full accommodation allowance based on the room rates at each university or designated hostel will be provided during school semester.
- One return economy class air ticket is provided for the Scholar’s passage from his/her home country to Singapore for the duration of studies determined by the Singapore Government. No additional assistance will be provided for other travel expenses.
- A recipient of the Scholarship may not concurrently hold any other Scholarship, Fellowship, Grant or Award without the prior approval of the Singapore Government.
- There is no bond imposed on the Scholarship by the Singapore Government. The Scholars are expected to return home to contribute to the development of their countries upon graduation.
- The scholarship is open to applicants who have not gained admission and are currently not studying at the Singapore Universities.
- The Singapore Government reserves the right to terminate the Scholarship if the Scholar’s academic progress is unsatisfactory or his conduct is in violation of the university’s rules and regulations.
Application for the Singapore Scholarship must be submitted on the prescribed application form (The application form and supporting documents must be of A4 size and printed on one side only). Please contact the Singapore Embassy/ High Commission/Consulate-General in your capital city for a copy of the Singapore Scholarship brochure and application form. You may click here for a softcopy of the application form for AY 13/14.
Applicants will be required to submit a typed-written essay of about 300-500 words. The essay is an important part of your application.
All supporting documents have to be attached. Those supporting documents that are not in English must have a certified translation in English. Translation and certification of transcripts and academic records have to be done by your educational institutions.
Applications must be endorsed and submitted by their respective ASEAN Governments. The relevant agencies to endorse the application are:
Technical Assistance Division
Ministry Foreign Affairs and Trade
Bandar Seri Begawan
HE Dr Phoeurng Sackona
Secretary of State
(in charge of Youth and Sport Cultural Relations and Scholarships Department)
Ministry of Education
Youth & Sport
Kingdom of Cambodia
Mobile: (855) 12 618 499
Fax: (855) 23 427 235
Bureau of Foreign Co-operation
Ministry of National Education
Gedung C, Lantai 6
Jl Jend. Sudirman
Tel : 6221- 5795 3083
Fax : 6221- 574 6395
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Ms Chanthavone Phandamnong
Department of External Relations
Ministry of Education
P.O. Box 067
Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR
Public Service Department, Training Division OR Respective schools of the applicants
Daw Than Than Lin
Foreign Economic Relations Department
Ministry of National Planning and Economic Development
Building No. (1)
Nay Pyi Taw
Republic of the Union of Myanmar
Ms Peach Vergara
Embassy of the Republic of Singapore
505 Rizal Drive Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
Republic of the Philippines
Tel : 632-856 9922 loc 104
Ms Komutee Yamolanan
Foreign Relation Officer
Bureau of International Cooperation
Office of the Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Education
Ratchadamnoen Nok Avenue
Tel : 02-281 6370 ext 115
Fax: 02-281 0953
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Thailand Ministry of Education (MOE) has advised that all applicants should submit their application forms by 21 January 2013. For further queries, please contact Thailand MOE.
Dr Nguyen Xuan Vang
Vietnam International Education Development
Ministry of Education and Training
Socialist Republic of Vietnam
21 Le Thanh Tong Street
Tel: 84-4-3933 5795
Fax: 84-4-3933 5491
Late and incomplete applications will not be considered. Documents submitted separately from applications will also not be considered.
Please also note that most shortlisted nominees will take the entrance examinations set by NTU or NUS. All shortlisted nominees will also have to undergo an interview conducted by interviewers from NTU , NUS and SMU. The entrance examinations and interviews will be conducted in the respective ASEAN countries.
The decision of the Singapore Government on the selection of Singapore Scholarship recipients is final.
You may download the application form for AY 13/14 here.
Q: What does the Singapore Scholarship offer?
A: The Singapore Scholarship is a Government to Government Scholarship for students who are citizens of ASEAN member countries (except Singapore) and is for a full-time undergraduate study at the Singapore university (NUS, NTU or SMU).
Q: What does the Singapore Scholarship cover?
A: The Singapore Scholarship covers full tuition fees, living allowance of S$4,300 per annum and accommodation fee based on the room rates at each university during the school semester. One economy class air ticket from scholar’s home country to Singapore at the commencement of their undergraduate course and one economy class air ticket from Singapore to their home country upon successful completion of their undergraduate course. No further financial assistance will be provided for other travel expenses as well as any additional expenses/fees incurred during the Overseas’ Exchange Programme, Overseas’ Attachments or Summer Courses taken up by the scholars with their respective universities.
Q: What is the difference between this Award and other Scholarships Scheme?
A: Under the Singapore Scholarship, the Singapore Government will not impose any bond on the scholars. However, all scholars are expected to return home at the end of their studies in Singapore to contribute to the development of their country. This is different from other undergraduate scholarship schemes, where the graduating students would be obliged to work in Singapore for certain period of time to repay the tuition grant from the Singapore Government. In the case of the Singapore Scholarship, the Singapore Cooperation Programme is sponsoring by paying the full tuition fees for these ASEAN scholars who therefore do not need to apply for the tuition grant with the universities.
Q: What are the courses offered under the Singapore Scholarship?
A: The courses offered by the respective universities under the Singapore Scholarship are indicated in the Singapore Scholarship application form.
A copy of the Singapore Scholarship Application Form can be downloaded from our website http://www.scp.gov.sg/
Q: Is there a quota set for each ASEAN country?
A: The scholarship is awarded based on merit. Candidates must have an outstanding academic record, a good command of English and meet the entry requirements for the universities. Shortlisted candidates have to sit for an entrance exam and interview at the respective ASEAN countries except for candidates from Brunei and Malaysia who will only sit for the interview.
Q :Why do some scholars need to undergo bridging courses?
A: There are considerable differences in the school syllabus and educational system between some of the ASEAN countries and Singapore. Thus our scholars will benefit from a one-year bridging course before starting their undergraduate studies. During the bridging programme, they will be given tuition in English, Maths and other core subjects such as Economics and Physics.
Q: Where can I obtain information on the Singapore Scholarship?
A: Interested applicants may wish to visit our website http://www.scp.gov.sg/ for more information on the Singapore Scholarship.
Q: Can I apply for other Scholarships after I have been awarded the Singapore Scholarship?
A: A recipient of the Scholarship may not concurrently hold any other Scholarship, Fellowship, Grant or Award without the prior approval of the Singapore Government.
Q: When is the course commencement date for each academic year?
A: The academic year for the Singapore universities starts in July/August.
Q: What are the application procedures and supporting documents to be attached with the applications?
A: Applications must be submitted on the prescribed form and must be endorsed by the respective recipient Government. All supporting documents must be certified true copy by a Education Institution. Applicants have to submit an English translation for any supporting documents that are not in English. The following documents have to be submitted with the application form:
- High school exam results slip
- University transcripts (if applicable)
- Secondary school exam results slip
- Additional results slip eg. TOEFL, SAT
- Academic awards and extra-Curricular activities certificates for the last four years
- University entrance exam results (if any)
- Copies of the Birth Certificate and Passport
The decision of the Singapore Government on the selection of Singapore Scholarship recipient is final.
For more information, write to:
c/o Technical Cooperation Directorate
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Singapore 248 163
Tel: (65) 6379 8000
Fax: (65) 6479 3357
The application for the Singapore Scholarship for academic year 2013/2014 is from 9 January to 5 February 2013.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
MBA Scholarships, Nanyang Business School, NTU Singapore
A limited number of scholarships are available for admitted students, to finance their MBA studies. You will need to be eligible to such scholarships, so check your eligibility first before you apply to the scholarships and apply within the deadlines stipulated. Scholarship results are announced at certain periods – typically
A*STAR Pre-Graduate Scholarship, NUS Graduate School, Singapore
A*STAR Pre-Graduate Scholarship (PGS) Students in Science, Computing and Engineering are invited to apply for A*STAR Pre-Graduate Scholarship. TERMS A stipend during the pursuit of the Bachelor’s degree programme amounting to: $460 per month in Year 1 and Year 2 $560 per month in Year 3 $760 per month in Year 4; and $760 per month in
ASEAN Scholarships for Indonesia by Ministry of Education, Singapore
The ASEAN Scholarships for Indonesia is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced (GCE A) Level (or equivalent) certificate. The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory
ASEAN Master Scholarships, University of Nottingham, UK
The University of Nottingham is consistently ranked among the world's top 100 universities* and is ranked 8th in the UK for research power**. In 2018 we are offering 20 scholarships of 25% towards tuition fees for students from ASEAN member countries. Closing date 18 May 2018. Who is eligible to apply? You can apply
ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
This scholarship is open to nationals of member countries of ASEAN* (except Singapore) to pursue a designated full-time Masters degree by coursework and dissertation. * ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) consists of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. Eligibility criteria Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents
ASEAN Foundation Research Scholarship, National University of Singapore
The ASEAN Foundation (AF) and NUS have entered into a new agreement to develop high quality human resources within ASEAN member countries through the ASEAN Foundation Research Scholarship. The ASEAN Foundation, an initiative of the Leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), was established on 15 December 1997 to
ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship, National University of Singapore
The ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship (AUS) is offered by the National University of Singapore (NUS) to full-time NUS undergraduates who have outstanding academic merit and co-curricular activities. Eligibility The AUS is awarded to freshmen based on academic merit. These freshmen must be citizens or permanent residents of an ASEAN* member country. Singapore citizens
Tan Chay Bing Scholarship, LASALLE College of the Arts, Singapore
The Tan Chay Bing Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship designed to attract new talent, promote excellence and develop leaders in the arts and creative industries. Eligibility Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents, and students from ASEAN countries (ASEAN countries refer to Brunei Darusalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam) Applicants must have
PhD Scholarships in Membrane Science, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
There are several PhD scholarships available for Jan 2010 intake at the Singapore Membrane Technology Center (SMTC), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. If you are interested in membrane technology for water and environments, and would like to apply for PhD study at SMTC, please contact A/Prof. Wang Rong (rwang[ at ]ntu.edu.sg)
PhD Scholarships – Singapore University of Technology and Design
The SUTD PhD Programme offers you a chance to collaborate with the best in their fields. We offer the following in-house scholarships on a competitive basis to outstanding full-time PhD Programme applicants: SUTD President’s Graduate Fellowship (PhD) Open to all nationalities Full tuition fees Monthly stipend of: S$3,500 (Singapore Citizens) S$3,200 (Singapore
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.