The SOAS International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship is designed to award new postgraduate students starting in September 2019 with a first-class academic performance.
Type of award and value
Fee reduction of £3,000 towards tuition fees
Number of awards available
There are limited number of scholarships available, these are listed against the country in the table below
Eligibility and award criteria
- Have a UK first-class honours degree (1st) or the international equivalent, (You are also required to have met the intended programme entry criteria, this may include a specific subject, i.e. Economics, Law etc before starting programme in September 2019.
- A 250-word supporting statement with your Masters programme application.
- Be classified as overseas for fee purposes
- Be self-financing
- Have accepted an offer to study an eligible Masters campus taught programme at SOAS University of London, (please note Distance Learning or Online programmes are ineligible for this award).
- If you have applied for another scholarship or award to study at SOAS, the higher amount will be awarded.
How to apply for the SOAS International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship?
There is no separate application required. Applicants should apply for the programme in the usual way and upload a 250 word supporting statement as part of the application for the Masters programme in the “scholarships section”. (This is in addition to the normal 1,000 word supporting statement required for the master’s programme application).
Deadline: 31 January 2019
Applications are shortlisted by a Selection Committee of at least three members.
Notification of Scholarship Award
Successful candidates will be notified by 31 March 2019. (The offer will outline the conditions required to be met).
For more information, please visit: www.soas.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships in Sociology and Politics, University of Bristol, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Undergraduate Maths Scholarships for International Students, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Full Tuition Fee LLM Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
Postgraduate SOAS Global Impact Award, University of London, UK
Postgraduate SOAS Global Impact Award is designed to reward and inspire excellence in global citizenship including inclusivity, leadership, social responsibility, innovation in solving complex local and global challenges. Number of awards available 5 Scholarship Value Scholars within the programme will benefit from a wide range of academic, financial and personal support including: £3,500 cash
Kayoko Tsuda Bursary (Japanese Studies), School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK
The Japan Research Centre (JRC) is pleased to invite applications to the bursary created through the generosity of Ms Kayoko Tsuda. One is offered to the value of £7,000 (untaxed), and will be paid in three instalments: £3,000 at the beginning of Term 1, £3,000 at the beginning of Term
CSJR Postgraduate Student Bursary, SOAS, University of London, UK
The Centre for the Study of Japanese Religions offers a CSJR Postgraduate Student Bursary in Japanese Religions to be held at SOAS, University of London. The total value of the scholarship is £5,000 for one year only for full-time programmes, providing a contribution towards fees. For part-time MA programmes, the £5,000
Felix Non-Indian Scholarship, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK
One Felix Scholarship will be available to a Non-Indian student who is a citizen of and living in a developing country to pursue a research degree at SOAS. The scholarship covers the cost of tuition fees at the international rate and provides around £13,066 for living expenses. Eligible Programme Any full-time MPhil/PhD
Ahmad Mustafa Abu-Hakima Bursary, SOAS, University of London, UK
There is one Ahmad Mustafa Abu-Hakima Bursary, valued at £2,900 in total. The Ahmad Mustafa Abu-Hakima Bursary is intended to off-set part of the cost of tuition fees or assist with living expenses. The award is for one year only. Eligible Programmes The bursary is for students undertaking full-time postgraduate degrees involving
The Swire Scholarship in Chinese History, SOAS, University of London, UK
There is one scholarships available for research applicants whose proposed research topic is on Chinese History with a focus on the intensifying encounter - economic or otherwise - between China and the West during the second half of the nineteenth century/early twentieth century. For applicants classified as Overseas for fee purpose,
William Ross Murray Scholarship, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK
The William Ross Murray Scholarship is a joint initiative with International Students House (ISH). SOAS will cover the cost of tuition fees at the Overseas rate and ISH will provide free accommodation and a food scholarship covering 3 meals per day. There is one William Ross Murray Scholarship available. Eligible Programmes
Aida Sulayman Arif Bursary in Art and Archaeology, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK
The Department of Art and Archaeology is pleased to invite applications to this bursary, created in recognition of the work of Dr Aida Sulayman Arif, an eminent archaeologist who completed her PhD at SOAS in 1960. Throughout her long and distinguished career, Dr Arif served a number of different fellowships, lectureships,
Meiji Jingu Japanese Studies Research Scholarships, SOAS, University of London, UK
There are two Meiji Jingu Japanese Studies Research Scholarships available. Each scholarship is valued at £7,000 in total. Scholarships are for one year only, but it is possible to reapply if an award recipient has demonstrated outstanding potential for research. Please note that this scholarship cannot be held during the Extension
Professor Stuart Wilson Scholarship, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK
Two scholarships are available, one for an overseas fee-paying student and one for a UK/EU fee-paying student, for the full-time MA South East Asian Studies at SOAS for the academic session 2011/12. The scholarship for the overseas fee-paying student is intended to off-set the tuition fees at the overseas rate. The
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.