The fellowship is designed to attract deserving and qualified graduates of Journalism and Mass Communication programs as well as professionals in mid-career television and digital journalism positions who wish to pursue full-time study (nine credits per semester) toward a 1.5 year master’s degree in television and digital journalism at AUC.
- Open to all nationalities
- Graduates with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Preference is given to graduates of Egyptian public universities and professionals in the broadcasting industry
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 or a rating of gayed giddan. Applicants with slightly lower GPA must have sufficient relevant work experience
- Meet AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application and needed documents
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or academic IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions
- Proven interest and achievement in television and digital journalism
- An interview with the program director is required to assess candidates’ commitment, potential and communication skills
- To retain the fellowship, the recipient must carry a full course load (nine graduate credits) and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Financial need
The fellowship is awarded for two academic years and may cover the intervening summer session when registered for courses.