Under Kyushu University Friendship Scholarships Scheme (hereafter Friendship Scholarship), Kyushu University invites students from abroad who attend prestigious universities in their home country and who will play an important role in their nation’s future.
By offering them a chance to study abroad at Kyushu University, the scheme aims to foster the nation’s future leaders, maintain good relations with Kyushu University, and play the role of point of contact to cultivate joint research and bring in external capital depending on their course or career after graduation.
Eligibility & Number of Students
- Students who are enrolled in non-Japanese universities.
- Terms of Study should be more than 3 months and less than 12 months. (In case of Double Degree Program students, terms of study can be more than 12 months.)
- Students who can be accepted by undergraduate school or graduate school of Kyushu University as a status listed in “Visa” part. (Students have to take a procedure separately to be exchange students of Kyushu University.)
- Students who can pay the tuition fee when they come from non-Japanese universities which doesn’t have agreement of student exchange with Kyushu University.
2) Number of Students:
About 5 people. (Depends on the budget.)
Classification of Grants
Grants are as follows in principle.
1) Travel expenses
Travel expenses up to 100,000 yen, will be covered (actual costs). However, this depends on the budget of Kyushu University. The details are as follows:
- Round-trip economy air ticket via the most direct route between Fukuoka and the location of the recipient’s university. Air tickets and transportation fees in the recipient’s home country will not apply unless receipts and other proof of purchase are made.
- Incidental Expenses Only expenses incurred through visas, travel taxes, and airport taxes will be borne by Kyushu University. In the event that receipts and proof of payment are not submitted, these expenses will not be covered.