The fellowship is designed to attract deserving and qualified graduates of Journalism and Mass Communication programs as well as professionals in mid-career television and digital journalism positions who wish to pursue full-time study (nine credits per semester) toward a 1.5 year master’s degree in television and digital journalism at AUC.
- Open to all nationalities
- Graduates with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Preference is given to graduates of Egyptian public universities and professionals in the broadcasting industry
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 or a rating of gayed giddan. Applicants with slightly lower GPA must have sufficient relevant work experience
- Meet AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application and needed documents
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or academic IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions
- Proven interest and achievement in television and digital journalism
- An interview with the program director is required to assess candidates’ commitment, potential and communication skills
- To retain the fellowship, the recipient must carry a full course load (nine graduate credits) and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Financial need
The fellowship is awarded for two academic years and may cover the intervening summer session when registered for courses.
Continue reading Kamal Adham Fellowship for Television and Digital Journalism, The American University in Cairo, Egypt
International Graduate Fellowships in Arabic studies, Egyptology and Coptology, gender and women’s studies, Middle East studies and sociology-anthropology are offered to international students who wish to pursue full-time study (nine credits or more) toward a master’s degree in one of the above programs at AUC.
- Full admission to one of the above programs
- Appropriate undergraduate degree with a minimum overall grade point average of 3.4 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- The fellowship is awarded for two academic years and the intervening summer session.
- Tuition fees coverage
- Monthly stipend
- Monthly housing allowance or accommodation in the University Residences at AUC New Cairo
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned 18 hours per week of related academic or administrative work.
Continue reading International Graduate Fellowships, The American University in Cairo, Egypt
The Sheikh Kamal Adham fellowship is awarded annually to one qualified graduate student who is a candidate for the Graduate Diploma in Electronic Journalism in the Journalism and Mass Communication Department.
- Financial need.
- Academic performance in the program.
- Professional experience is also considered where applicable.
- One year (two regular semesters).
The fellowship covers:
- A waiver of tuition fees.
- Recipient will serve as assistant in the Adham Center for 80 hours per month during the academic year, assisting in the Center’s projects and research under the supervision of the Center’s Director.
Continue reading Sheikh Kamal Adham Fellowships, The American University in Cairo, Egypt