Each year the ANU School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics in the ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences may award a scholarship, known as the Tall Foundation Scholarship in Classics, to an Honours IV student.
The donors of the Tall Foundation Scholarship in Classics are ANU alumni with broad interests in Classics and Ancient History. Through the awarding of the Scholarship, the donors hope to encourage and inspire students to undertake additional study and research in the fields of Classics and Ancient History.
Field of study
Classics and Ancient history
The Scholarship shall be available to Honours students in the College.
The Scholarship is aimed at students who will be commencing an Honours program and shall be available to:
- domestic and international students;
- students who meet the entry requirements for an Honours program in the College; and
- students undertaking a program of study leading to the award of the degree with Honours in one of the following programs offered by the College:
In the event that the Scholarship is not awarded to a student commencing an Honours program, a student who is commencing a Masters program may be considered for the Scholarship and shall be available to:
- domestic and international students;
- students who meet the entry requirements for a Master of Classical Studies (Advanced) program in the College;
- students undertaking a program of study leading to the award of the degree of Master of Classical Studies (Advanced) offered by the College; and
- have not previously been awarded the Tall Foundation Scholarship in Classics in an Honours program.
The value of the scholarship is $5000. This will be paid over two consecutive semesters for students enrolled full-time or on a pro-rata basis for students enrolled part-time.
How to apply
Applications can be made via the application form available at the top of this page and should be submitted to the Classics Convenor, AD Hope Building 14 no later than the advertised closing date.
10 October 2018 – 14 January 2019
Conditions of award (PDF, 174.17 KB)
Use contact details to request an alternative file format or conditions of award for past years not listed.
+61 02 6125 5792
For more information, please visit: www.anu.edu.au.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Astronomy & Astrophysics Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics Supplementary Scholarship These scholarships are offered by the ANU College of Physical & Mathematical Sciences. Field of study Astronomy and Astrophysics ANU location of study Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics Value A$5,000.00 (current rate) per annum tax free, in fortnightly payments Duration Three years full-time, with a possible six month extension Eligible programs PhD Eligibility Bachelors
ANU International Undergraduate Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
Field of study University wide Value 100% coverage of international student tuition fees 100% coverage of Overseas Student Health Cover Duration Program duration Number on offer 3 available for Semester 1 - 2 will be available to students applying from off-shore and one will be available to students applying from on-shore 2 available for Semester 2 Eligibility The Scholarship shall be
ANU University Research Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
The University funds a number of scholarships for Doctor of Philosophy or Professional Doctorate by research. Field of study All Value A$23,728 (2012 rate) per annum tax free, in fortnightly payments Other benefits A scholar who is resident elsewhere in Australia or who is permanently residing outside Australia at the time of application, is eligible to
Forrest Research Foundation PhD Scholarships, Australia
The Forrest Research Foundation was established in 2014 following the donation of $65 million, by Andrew and Nicola Forrest. Their donation is to assist Western Australia in becoming a world-class centre of research and innovation through attracting the next generation of outstanding intellects to this State. The Forrest Research Foundation scholarship
Research School of Economics Neil Vousden Memorial Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
Each year the ANU College of Business and Economics may award up to two scholarships known as the Neil Vousden Memorial Scholarship to eligible students who are admitted to pursue a full-time program of study in the Master of Economics or have completed at least 24 units of study in
ANU Tuition Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
Field of study All Purpose A number of ANU Tuition Scholarships are funded and awarded by individual Colleges and determined as part of the application process. This scholarship covers international student tuition fees. Value This is a Tuition Fee Scholarship Other benefits N/A Duration Three years full-time, with two possible six month extensions. Take up by 31 March (normally). It is
French Embassy Cotutelle Travel Grant, France – Australia
FRENCH EMBASSY COTUTELLE TRAVEL GRANT 2011 Since 2003, the French Embassy in Australia, on behalf of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, has been associated with the Australian Academy of Science (AAS) to jointly operate the French-Australian Cotutelle Call for proposals. Its objective is to support the development of the double doctoral
Hedley Bull Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
The Graduate Studies in International Affairs program offers up to four Hedley Bull Scholarships each year for full-time study in the Master of International Relations (Advanced). Field of study: International Relations Eligibility To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the admission requirements of the Master of International Relations (Advanced). (MIR Adv).To
Doctoral Scholarships in European Studies, Australian National University
The Australian National University’s Centre for European Studies invites applications for two PhD Scholarships for 2012 commencement. The Australian National University has a distinct national mission that differentiates it from other higher education institutions in the country. It also has unique concentrations of research excellence, which have given it a reputation
ANU College of Engineering & Computer Science International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships, Australia
This scholarship is offered by the ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science. Field of study Engineering and Computer Science Application periods: 1 March – 15 May 2017 Eligibility The Scholarship shall be available to an applicant who: Is an International Students as defined under the terms of the Education Services for Overseas Students Act
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.