The Sadako Ogata scholarship is for financially disadvantaged students who wish to begin our MA Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies in March.
This fee-waiver award (worth £8,220) celebrates the career of Sadako Ogata, who made inspiring contributions to vulnerable and displaced civilians as the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
Are you eligible?
Applicants for the Sadako Ogata scholarship must satisfy all of the following:
- You have an offer to study the MA Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies for the March intake.
- You are unable to accept it without financial support.
- You are a national of (and reside in) a low/lower-middle-income country.
- You are able to demonstrate outstanding academic merit or potential (particularly by your achievements).
(Current University of London students or former applicants for this or the Guy S. Goodwin-Gill scholarships are not eligible to apply.)
How to apply
This is a separate application process to the MA programme.
We will need to know about your relevant past achievements, professional positions held, and your financial situation. You must also provide a personal statement.
All applications will be reviewed against the award criteria (though we cannot provide individual feedback).
If you apply for the scholarship, please await the outcome before you complete registration for the MA programme.
Key dates and deadlines
The Sadako Ogata scholarship is awarded for the March intake of the MA. The key dates are as follows:
- Deadline for scholarship applications: 15 January 2019
- Notification of outcome to all applicants: 30 January 2019
- Deadline for MA registration: 28 February 2019
- MA programme begins: mid-late March 2019
We also recommend that applications for the MA programme reach us by 15 December 2018.
Applications made after this date may not be processed in time for the offer you need to apply for the scholarship.
Scholarships cannot be carried over to a later intake or a future year.
What is the award worth?
The Sadako Ogata Scholarship covers the whole course fee (currently worth a total of £8,220).
You must still cover certain additional costs, including those not directly payable to us (such as examination centre fees), as well as any resubmission fees, transfer costs, or any other fees.
If you accept an award, you must still be able to cover such costs via other means.
Duties of scholarship holders
We ask each scholarship holder to write a short report at the end of each study year outlining the impact of your study and research. We also expect you to act in accordance with the standards expected of University of London students.
We reserve the right to withdraw your scholarship if you do not meet these terms.
For more information, please visit: scholarshipstips.com.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Mathematics Department Research Studentship, King’s College London, UK
Eligibility criteria Open to residents of the following countries: All Nationalities All PhD applicants to the Mathematics Department at King's College London will be automatically considered for this award, providing that they have applied before the yearly deadline. Applicable subjects: Mathematics Application details Applications may be submitted from 01-Oct-2013 until 01-Feb-2014 Information about the funding The Department
Master Scholarships, University of the Arts London International Graduate Scholarships, UK
For the 2010/2011 academic year, the University of the Arts London is offering postgraduate scholarships for international students (excludes EU students), across our six Colleges. Scholarships will be awarded to international students with the ability and potential to make an exceptional contribution to the art, design, communication or performance worlds.
Newcastle University London International Scholarships, UK
Newcastle University London offers partial scholarship awards to encourage applicants assessed as international for fees purposes to undertake Undergraduate and Master’s level study. Each award is worth £3,000 for one year payable to the student’s tuition fee account. We will consider each individual application and allocate scholarships based on merit. Sponsor Newcastle University
International Ambassador Scholarships, University of West London, UK
The International Ambassador Scholarship recognises and provides financial support for outstanding students who wish to act as ambassadors for the University of West London. For applicants applying to start in September 2016 we are offering 50 scholarships worth up to £5,000. Students are eligible to apply for the scholarship if they have
Undergraduate Scholarships, City University London, UK
There are 7 Undergraduate Scholarships open to new students for 2010-2011. The scholarships available each year for first year UK students, based on academic achievement and financial need: The Worshipful Company of Saddlers Bursary; There are two of these bursaries for students completing post-16 education in
MBA Scholarships, London School of Business and Finance, UK
Master of Business and Administration at LSBF The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is an internationally recognised business degree and a valuable qualification for those aiming to become global business leaders. It is academic in nature, yet provides practical preparation for individuals in business and management. Ten or twenty years
MBA Academic Performance Scholarship, Coventry University, UK
New for this year we have a number of awards of up to £2,000 towards tuition fees available for postgraduate study. Eligibility The MBA Academic Performance Scholarship is available to all International self-funded students who have applied for a postgraduate course at Coventry University London. Allocation of scholarships will be decided on assessment
King’s Summer School Scholarships, King’s College London, UK
The King's Summer School Scholarship scheme is being launched in 2013 for students intending to study on the 2013 King’s College London Summer School. What is the Summer School Scholarship? This Summer School scholarship scheme is being launched in 2013 for students intending to study on the 2013 King’s College London Summer
The Cecil Lewis Sculpture Scholarships 2010 / 2011, University of the Arts London, UK
The Cecil Lewis Sculpture Scholarships aim is to promote postgraduate studies at University of the Arts London for students with the ability and potential to make an exceptional contribution to the fine arts. The Scholarships will cover all tuition fees and provide a contribution towards maintenance
Undergraduate Scholarships, London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
The LSE Undergraduate Support Scheme is designed to help Overseas students who do not have the necessary funds to meet all their costs. The amount of assistance will vary according to individual financial needs. These awards are renewable for the second and third year of study, subject to satisfactory academic performance. Please
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.