The University is pleased to announce a range of international PhD studentships available for October 2019 start. These are available for highly qualified applicants for research within science, life sciences, social science and arts and humanities.
What is available?
A combination of full and fee only awards will be available. Full studentships offer:
- a subsistence grant (stipend) to match the 2019/20 UK Research Council rate (the 2018/19 rate is £14,777)
- tuition fees at the International rate
- a £1,000 p.a. training and development allowance
Fees-only studentships, each one offering:
- tuition fees at the International rate
- a £1,000 p.a. training and development allowance
All awards are for up to three years in duration. A maximum of seven studentships will be available in total.
Funding is only open to international (non-EU) candidates. Candidates will be required to meet the language requirements specified by their department upon entry.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 31st January 2019.
How to Apply
- Make contact with your department. As a first step, you should check with the Director of Postgraduate Research Studies in your School or Department that your proposed research can be supervised by the Department. Directors will also be able to match you with a potential supervisor.
- Apply for a place of admission. You will then need to submit an application for admission to a PhD programme in your chosen subject via our online admissions portal. If you are not sure which programme you should apply to, consult with your Director of Postgraduate Research Studies. The admissions application must be for admission in October 2019. If you have an existing application for a different start date you can request the start date be changed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In the ‘Scholarships applied for’ box which appears within the Funding Section of your online application, quote ‘International Research Studentship Competition’ in order for your application to be considered in this competition. If you have already applied and did not quote the competition, you should email your name and application number to your School Director of Postgraduate Research Studies to ensure they are aware of your wish to be considered for this funding. The admissions application will usually require a research proposal be uploaded; requirements vary by School.
- Prepare a 700 word research proposal. The international studentship competition requires a research proposal with a maximum length of 700 words, excluding title and references. (If you uploaded a longer research proposal for your admissions application, this can be shortened for the funding competition.) The proposal can be emailed to your School Director of Postgraduate Research Studies and prospective supervisor. The research proposal is an important element of the funding decision; it is advisable to consult the Graduate School’s guidance on writing a research proposal and your proposed supervisor. The research proposal must be your work but your supervisor may guide and advise you on developing and improving the proposal.
Successful candidates will be notified via a formal studentship award letter in May 2019. Please note that this is provided separately from any offer of admission and will be subject to standard checks for eligibility and other criteria.
We regret that, due to the very high volume of applications, we cannot undertake to contact all unsuccessful candidates; if you have not received a formal studentship funding offer by 17th May 2019 this will indicate that you have not been successful in this competition.
Thursday 31st January 2019
Dr Joanna John email@example.com
For more information, please visit: scholarshipstips.com.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Technical PhD Studentship, University of Manchester, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Living Allowance + Tuition Fees Doctoral Scholarships, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
International Baccalaureate Scholarship, University of Reading, UK
To apply for this Scholarship you must hold the offer of a place at the University of Reading. You will receive the scholarship only if you hold Reading as your Firm choice. you must send a nomination letter from the school/college (at which you are studying for the International Baccalaureate)
Anniversary PhD Scholarships, University of Reading, UK
The University-wide Graduate School was established in the Autumn of 2011. In celebration of our 5th Anniversary, we are delighted to announce ten PhD studentships available for October 2017 start. These are available for highly qualified applicants for research within science, life sciences and arts, humanities and social science. What is
Postgraduate Research Studentships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
QMUL offers research studentships to the value of around £12 million to support PhD students each year. These include our own prestigious QMUL Principal's Postgraduate Research Studentships, as well as Research Council UK (RCUK) funded studentships, funding from industry, and from research charities and cultural institutions. The Postgraduate Research Studentships set
PhD Studentships, Henley Business School, University of Reading, UK
Henley Business School holds triple-accredited status, placing us among the top 1% of global business schools, and we enjoy a reputation for high quality academic and applied research. The University of Reading is ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world and consistently rated among the UK's most
London School of Economics and Political Science PhD Studentships, UK
In 2018 LSE will be offering around 100 major studentships to new PhD students in the form of LSE PhD Studentships and LSE ESRC DTP Studentships. Eligibility LSE PhD Studentships are tenable for four years and cover full fees and an annual stipend of £18,000. They are available for UK, EU and
PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK
Bournemouth University is justifiably proud of its reputation for excellence in research. In the last Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) results, BU was the fourth most improved university in the UK for the quality of its research and achieving a high global research profile. The RAE ranking means that BU is now in
AHRC (NWCDTP) Studentships, Lancaster University, UK
Eligibility: UK/EU & overseas PhD Studentships, covering tuition and maintenance (UK & EU if resident in the UK for at least 3 years) or fees only (EU/Overseas) for 3 years or 1+3. The Department of Linguistics and English Language at Lancaster University is part of the North West Consortium Doctoral Training Partnership
PhD Studentships in Behaviour, Choices and Markets, University of Aberdeen, UK
PhD Studentships: Behaviour, Choices and Markets University of Aberdeen The principle aim of Behaviour, Choices and Markets is to create a platform for a comprehensive investigation of behaviour and choice within markets and society. This is set within an all-embracing framework interpreted through the perspectives of economic and social science principles. Incentives
PhD Studentships in Media Studies, University of Sunderland, UK
Building on our recent success in RAE 2008 (65% World Leading/Internationally Excellent research), the Centre for Research in Media and Cultural Studies invites applications for five fully-funded PhD research studentships. Applicants should be suitably qualified and motivated to undertake a full-time programme of research leading to a PhD. Although we
PhD Studentships in Film and Media, Bradford Media School, University of Bradford, UK
As part of continued investment in research, Bradford Media School (BMS) at the University of Bradford is offering two fully funded PhD studentships. City of Film Studentship: This studentship is linked to Bradford`s recent UNESCO City of Film award. The `City of Film` studentship can cover any aspect of the relationship between
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.