These provide a living allowance and a tuition fee offset. For international applicants who will study in Australia on a student visa, the scholarship also includes an allowance for single overseas student health cover.
To be eligible you must:
- Be studying full-time and onshore in Australia.
- Be nominated by an enrolling school or institute at UQ.
- Be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
- Not be receiving a living allowance award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship living allowance rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
- Not be receiving a Commonwealth funded tuition fee scholarship.
For more information about the entry requirements for Higher Degrees by Research at UQ, please visit the Graduate School’s website.
See the terms and conditions for more information.
Terms and conditions
UQ Research Scholarships
A domestic part-time student with carer’s responsibilities, a medical condition or a disability, which prevents them from studying full time may be eligible for scholarship consideration, on a case by case basis.
Students can be considered for scholarship only twice. Consideration can be prior to enrolment, or in the first round after the confirmation milestone is achieved*.
*conditions apply, see the scholarship rules for further details
In instances where the candidate is awarded a scholarship after commencement there will be no retrospective payments of this scholarship.
How to apply
To apply for admission and scholarship follow these easy steps. There is no separate application for scholarship and you will be given the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
To be considered for a living allowance scholarship in the first round after confirmation please contact the RHD administrator at your enrolling school/institute/faculty.
Application and commencement dates
Students can apply for this scholarship at any time, however recipients are selected by the RHD Scholarship Selection Committee in two rounds each year, and commencement is restricted to Research Quarters 1 and 3.
The Postgraduate Administration Officer (PGAO) in your proposed enrolling school or institute will be able to help you through the application process and assist you with any questions you may have.
Applications close: 31 December 2019
Before you apply:
You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarship
Contact:UQ Graduate School
email@example.com +61 7 3346 0503
For more information, please visit: scholarships.uq.edu.au.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for International Students, University of the West of England, UK
- Fully Funded GCE A Level Scholarships for Indonesian Students, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Living Allowance + Tuition Fees Doctoral Scholarships, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Fully Funded Art Major Asian Scholarships, Korea National University of Arts, South Korea
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Full Tuition Fee LLM Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Fully Funded Doctoral Scholarships in Engineering, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- Fully Funded Undergraduate Scholarship for Student from Developing Country, University of Westminster, UK
PhD Scholarship in Physics, University of Queensland, Australia
Quantum Simulation with Neutral Atoms - Experiment Supervisors: Dr Tyler Neely and Prof. Halina Rubinsztein-Dunlop Study in sunny subtropical Brisbane, Australia, within the new ARC Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems (EQuS – http://www.equs.org) at the University of Queensland – ranked in the top 100 institutions internationally. We have a vacancy
Vice-Chancellor’s International Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Southern Queensland, Australia
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) will offer two Scholarships in Semester 2, 2013 to outstanding international students intending to study a postgraduate degree by coursework. You must be intending to study full-time, on-campus at USQ Toowoomba, Springfield or Fraser Coast and therefore must be able to study in Australia
Master of Architecture International Scholarships, University of Queensland, Australia
The School of Architecture invites outstanding international students to apply for scholarships valued at AUD $14,800 per year. Eligibility The scholarships are available for international students who have completed undergraduate studies and been accepted into the Master of Architecture at UQ. The successful candidates must be classed as an international student
Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Queensland, Australia
University of Queensland International offers a limited number of scholarship opportunities for outstanding international students intending to study in an undergraduate program at The University of Queensland. Any undergraduate program offered at the University except quota programmes: Oral Health, Dental Science, Physiotherapy, Occupational Health and Safety Science, Medicine/Surgery, Arts and Medicine/Surgery
TC Beirne School of Law Scholarship, University of Queensland, Australia
This scholarship provides assistance to overseas students* enrolled or enrolling full-time in the Master of Laws (LLM) or Master of International Law (MICLaw) programs. The scholarship will take the form of monetary assistance to help with living expenses for 12 months and will be paid in two installments – one
Institute for Molecular Bioscience Honours Scholarship, University of Queensland, Australia
For: Domestic and International students intending to commence an Honours project at IMB in 2014. Value: AUD$2,500 Duration: One academic year (full-time) Closing date for applications: 22 November 2013 How to apply: In order to apply for the scholarship you need to provide: A letter of support from the IMB Group Leader who will supervise the project Personal Statement
UQ International Scholarship (UQI), University of Queensland, Australia
The UQI scholarship is a UQ funded scholarship which provides a tuition fee award and a living allowance. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by this scholarship. The living allowance scholarship is co-funded by the Graduate School and the enrolling school or institute. Therefore nomination for this scholarship depends
Master of Energy Studies Scholarships, University of Queensland, Australia
The University of Queensland is offering a number of scholarships for international and domestic candidates to study the Master of Energy Studies commencing in Semester 1, 2017. Number awarded per year: 6 Award benefits: Fee reduction Up to six scholarships are offered, including: One full tuition fee scholarship (up to $52,500)
Master of Philosophy (MPhil) Scholarships in Neuroscience, University of Queensland, Australia
Established in 2003, the Queensland Brain Institute (QBI) is housed on the St Lucia campus of UQ. It is home to more than 400 staff, including 33 group leaders, working across a range of disciplines, focussed on discovering the fundamental mechanisms that regulate brain development and function in health and
Science International Scholarships, University of Queensland, Australia
Scholarships are available for outstanding international students in undergraduate or postgraduate coursework programs in science at UQ. Two different scholarships are available: The Full Degree Scholarship is awarded to students enrolling in year one of a UQ Faculty of Science full degree program and is a single payment of AU$10,000 The
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.