To be eligible for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, you must
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands
- Have applied for an international master’s programme with a start date of September 1, 2019. Not all programmes participate, please check www.uu.nl/masters > master’s programme > Tuition fees and financial support to see if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity.
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- tuition fees, or
- tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses
As the grant is not automatically a full scholarship, it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance your studies and stay completely. Students requiring a residence permit in the Netherlands must prove to the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Office) that they have sufficient financial means. Read more about the budget the University advises.
Number of scholarships
20-25 scholarships will be available for 2019-2020, distributed across the 6 Graduate Schools.
The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the degree programme, which is one or two years, depending on the degree programme. The scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before February 1 (00:00 Dutch time). Your application for a scholarship will only be processed if you have submitted an application for a Master’s programme as well. Please note that in some cases you may need to apply before December 1; check the ‘When to apply’ section under Admission and application of your master’s programme.
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of preceding qualifications, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation;
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s programme (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
How to apply
After submitting an application for the Master’s programme, non-EU/EEA students will have the option to submit an application for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship.
You will need to upload the following document:
- Proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class: an official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
Please note that students starting their programme in February are not eligible for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships.
- Submit an application for a Master’s programme; if you do not do this first, your UES application will simply be deleted.
- After submitting an application for a Master’s programme, you can go to Osiris Online Application.
- Log in with your Osiris username and password.
- Click on the link ‘New application’.
- Answer the UES questions and upload the requested document(s).
- Submit your application.
As the scholarship deadline is February 1, you will not be informed whether you have been awarded the scholarship prior to this date and not before you have been (un)conditionally admitted to the programme.
The funds for the scholarships come from the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Fund, established by Utrecht University and from contributions by Utrecht University alumni.
For more information, please visit: scholarshipstips.com.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Technical PhD Studentship, University of Manchester, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Living Allowance + Tuition Fees Doctoral Scholarships, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Bachelor & Master, Utrecht Excellence Scholarships, Utrecht University, Netherlands
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship offers a number of highly talented prospective students the opportunity to pursue a degree in a selected number of fields at Utrecht University: International Bachelor’s programmes: Economics and Business Economics Liberal Arts & Sciences at University College Utrecht International Master’s programmes offered by the following Graduate Schools: Graduate School of Geosciences Graduate
Holland Scholarship, Utrecht University, Netherlands
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture & Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA = the EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) who wish to pursue a
Bijvoet Scholarships, Utrecht University, Netherlands
Every summer, Bijvoet School organizes, together with the Utrecht Summer School a summerschool called "Exploring Nature's Molecular Machines". You will experience the stimulating, international environment in our research laboratories and grasp first hand the meaning of interdisciplinary science. We will focus on the chemical principles underlying protein structure and function. We
Master Scholarships in Fine and Applied Arts, Netherlands
Amsterdam School of the Arts De Theaterschool of the Amsterdam School of the Arts (AHK) Mauritskade 56, 1092 AD Amsterdam, The Netherlands Phone: +31 (0)20 586 96 36 Fax: 31- (0)20 586 96 37 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Internet: www.dasarts.nl DasArts - Master of Theatre Leading to: Master's degree Course duration: 2 years Next course begins: 1 September 2012 Academic application
Geosciences Scholarship, Utrecht University, Netherlands
The Geosciences Scholarship offers outstanding prospective non-Dutch students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the Master’s programmes offered by the Graduate School Geosciences. The scholarship programme is highly selective. Only candidates of the highest academic achievement and promise are eligible to receive a scholarship. Duration and number of
Master Scholarships in Geosciences, Utrecht University, Netherlands
The Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research TNO offers maximum four outstanding non-Dutch students the opportunity to follow the Earth Science master’s programme at the Utrecht University. The masters should be in the field of study of: biogeology geology geochemistry geophysics hydrology physical geography system earth modelling Only candidates of the highest achievement and promise relevant for TNO
Social and Behavioural Sciences Excellence Scholarship, Utrecht University, Netherlands
The Social and Behavioural Sciences Excellence Scholarship offers a number of highly talented prospective students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the following two-year English taught Master’s programmes: Cultural Anthropology: Sociocultural Transformation Development and Socialisation in Childhood and Adolescence Educational Sciences: Learning in Interaction Methodology and Statistics
Law Economics and Governance International Talent Scholarship, Utrecht University, Netherlands
Law Economics and Governance International Talent Scholarship (LEG ITS) The LEG International Talent Scholarship (LEG ITS) programme offers a number of highly talented prospective students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the English taught Master’s programmes of the Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance. With this highly selective
Complete List of Dutch Institutions Offering PhD Studies
DELFT UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY CICAT, Management Centre for International Cooperation Mekelweg 2 2628 CD Delft PO Box 5048 2600 CN Delft Tel +31 (0)15 278 36 12 Fax +31 (0)15 278 11 79 Email email@example.com Internet www.cicat.tudelft.nl EINDHOVEN UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY International Relations Office PO Box 513 5600 MB Eindhoven Tel + 31 (0)40 247 80 15 Fax + 31 (0)40 244 16 92 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Internet
Summer School Utrecht Scholarship, Indonesian Young Leaders, Indonesian Ministry of Religious Affairs, Leiden University, Netherlands
Summer School Courses 2010 Apply now for a Summerschool Scholarship and spend your summer studying in the Netherlands! The Indonesian Young Leaders programme is a continuation of the intensive cooperation between the Indonesian Ministry of Religious Affairs and Leiden University, which started in 1985 with INIS, Indonesian-Netherlands Cooperation in Islamic Studies. The
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.