To celebrate the opening of CSU’s new campus in Port Macquarie to international students, CSU offers a number of $5,000 and $10,000 tuition fee scholarships to new commencing international students enrolled in courses offered on Port Macquarie campus in Session 1, 2018.
- Commencing full-time international students in either session one, February 2018 or session two July 2018.
CAMPUS: Port Macquarie
MUST BE STUDYING IN:
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Outdoor Recreation and Ecotourism)
- Bachelor of Business Studies
- Bachelor of Creative Arts and Design (Graphic Design)
- Bachelor of Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Environmental Science Management
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science (With Specialisations)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiations Science (With Specialisations)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology)
- Bachelor of Social Work (TAFE integrated)
- Master of Customs Administration
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Information Technology
Applicant must be an international applicant for a course offered at Port Macquarie Campus for 201830 (February) or 201860 (July) sessions. International Exchange and Study Abroad applicants are not eligible for this scholarship.
Provide evidence of:
- High Academic achievements 75% or GPA 5/7 or 3/4 or equivalent.
- Community involvement and desire to be involved in the CSU Port Macquarie Community (1000 word essay).
- Applicant must hold an unconditional offer* for a CSU course, delivered at CSU Port Macquarie.
* Unconditional offer means that the applicant has met all of the conditions of their conditional offer including meeting the English Language Proficiency requirements, providing certified documentation, and passing the Genuine Temporary Entrant checks, etc. Please Note: For many countries applicants will be required to apply for admissions via an approved CSU Education Agent. Please see the list of approved CSU Agents
When will applications close?
Applications are open until 11:59pm (AEST time), 10 December 2017 for session 201830 (February) applications and 23 May 2018 for session 201860 (July) applications.
Who can apply
- Any international students who are classified as an international student in Australia with a full unconditional offer for either a Masters or Bachelor degree delivered at Port Macquarie.
Who cannot apply
- International students studying via online from their home country
- International students studying via CSU’s international partners in their home country
- International students who hold an offer including credit for prior learning
- International exchange or study abroad students
What should I include in my essay?
Here are some tips for students on what to write:
- Personal statement (500 words) – Who you are, what is your background, why you want to study in Australia and your preferred course, what are your achievements etc.
- Student involvement (250 words) – How you would like to get involved in the CSU campus community ie. become a student ambassador, share your story, involvement in marketing activities or desire to take part in the international student council.
- Community involvement (250 words) – How you would like to get involved in the Port Macquarie community ie. Port Macquarie is a tourist destination so there are plenty of opportunities to volunteer at annual events, volunteer at aged care homes, or work with the chamber of commerce or council in some sort of capacity.
Will I be notified that my application has been received?
Yes. You will be notified by email when your application has been successfully submitted.
Can I be awarded more than one scholarship?
It depends on the particular scholarships as each scholarship has its own conditions which state whether the student can hold other scholarships or not.
This information is outlined in the eligibility criteria for each scholarship and it is incumbent upon the applicant to ensure they meet the criteria for each scholarship they apply for.
How are applications assessed?
Applicants must read scholarship criteria carefully before applying as scholarships are awarded based on the criteria for each scholarship.
Successful applicants are selected after a series of shortlisting processes, including a review by CSU staff.
From the final shortlist of strong applicants, it is up to a panel within the Division of International Education and Partnerships to determine the scholarship recipient(s).
Conditions of scholarship
The scholarship is conditional on the student completing their studies successfully at CSU. Up $10,000 or $5,000 will be deducted from tuition fees during the first year of study, after each session’s census date.
Should the student leave CSU after the first year of study for reasons deemed illegitimate by the University, the student may be liable to repay the value of the scholarship.
Recipients are expected to become active members of the student body and accept to provide information, testimonials and be featured in CSU Promotional materials.
When will my Scholarship be paid?
Scholarships are subject to the student maintaining satisfactory academic progress and continued enrolment in their course. If these conditions are not met, Scholarships may be suspended or terminated.
The Scholarship amount will be deducted from tuition fees at the commencement of session in the first year of study, after the census date.
Can I defer my scholarship offer?
This scholarship cannot be deferred. The student must commence study in session 1, 2018 (201830).
Can my scholarship be suspended or terminated?
Yes, if you fail to meet the criteria for your scholarship.
Termination of a scholarship will occur if the recipient is excluded from their course, if the recipient withdraws or cancels their enrolment or if the recipient fails to maintain satisfactory grades over a prolonged period. Scholarships will also be terminated if the recipient transfers to another university or location (campus) of study.
The recipient will be required to repay the scholarship amount.
Can I apply for an Approved Leave of Absence (ALA)?
For this particular scholarship, an Approved Leave of Absence will cause the scholarship’s termination. Should the student not return to study within 12 months, the recipient may be liable for the scholarship amount deducted from tuition fees.
When will I be notified of my applications outcome?
You should be notified before the end of December 2017 for February 2018 applicants, and May 2018 for July 2018 applicants.
What will happen after I am granted the scholarship?
If not done, you will need to accept your offer of study at CSU. You will still be required to meet GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) criteria, including financial capacity, and make the appropriate fee deposit to the University to receive a Confirmation of Enrolment.
How many scholarships are on offer?
There are 12 x $10,000 tuition fee scholarships and 10X $5,000 tuition fee scholarships on offer for the whole year on offer for 201760 commencing international students. Scholarships may not all be awarded if the applications are not meeting the required criteria.
Will I be considered as a commencing student if I am transferring from another CSU course or I am applying with advanced standing?
Typically, no. Please do contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries.
Tips on applying for a scholarship
- Pay close attention to scholarship application closing deadlines. Applications submitted past the deadline will not be considered. Ensure you have received an unconditional offer.
- Always proofread your answers to the questions
- Keep a copy of everything you submit
- See the guidelines section for what to include in your 1000 word essay.
For more read the information provided on the How to Apply tab for each scholarship.
What are my responsibilities if awarded a scholarship?
You may be required to participate in a number of activities/tasks to promote CSU to the wider community:
- Provide photographs of your experience to CSU International for use in promotional and marketing items
- Submit an article about your experience to internal and external media groups
- Speak to internal and external media for interview purposes
- Post photos and/or updates through various CSU International social media pages
You will also be required to sign a media release allowing your photos and images of you to be used for promotional and marketing purposes.
If your question isn’t answered in the information provided on the website, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How to Apply
Once you have reviewed all the information about the scholarship, eligibility criteria and requirements, please submit your application by email to email@example.com and include the following documents:
- Copy of your CSU Unconditional Offer letter for a course at Port Macquarie in Session 30 2018 or 60 2018.
- Supporting documents that demonstrate high academic achievements: grades at 75% or GPA 5/7 or 3/4 or equivalent.
- An essay (1000 words) that explains why you have chosen to study at CSU Port Macquarie and that demonstrates your current community involvement (volunteering, work in the community, participation at events in your school/University, etc.) and how you see yourself being involved in the CSU Port Macquarie Student Community.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. You will receive the outcome of your scholarship application after the closing date. Decisions from the Selection panel are final and there will be no appeal process.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
Vice-Chancellors International High Achievers Scholarships, Charles Darwin University, Australia
CDU offers a limited number of 25 per cent and 50 per cent tuition fee scholarships for international students who have a record of academic excellence and high achievement. The tuition scholarships apply to the tuition fees for the full duration of an Undergraduate or Postgraduate coursework degree.The scholarships are
Vice-Chancellor’s Senior Research Fellows, RMIT University, Australia
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, RMIT Research & Research Training is global, partnered and making a difference.RMIT University is a global university of technology and design with its heart in the city of Melbourne, Australia. RMIT University has an international reputation for excellence in industry engagement with established educational and
Vice-Chancellor’s Research Fellowships, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is offering up to five prestigious Vice-Chancellor`s Research Fellowships for talented early and mid-career researchers.QUT`s reputation for quality research is characterized by strong links with industry, professions and the community. As one of Australia`s fastest growing research universities, QUT is backing its aspirations with a
Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – ASEAN, Macquarie University, Australia
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - ASEAN provides a partial scholarship for outstanding students from the ASEAN region to study at Macquarie University North Ryde campus. It has been designed to recognise academic excellence and provide financial assistance for international students. This Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - ASEAN is highly
Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Contribution to University Life, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The ECU Vice-Chancellor's Student Award for Contribution to University Life is awarded by the university to recognise a nominated student or student team, who has made an outstanding contribution to student life at Edith Cowan University in 2010. University students and staff, and representative bodies external
Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Engagement, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The ECU Vice-Chancellor's Student Award for Engagement is awarded by the university to recognise a nominated student or student team, who has demonstrated outstanding engagement with external communities and has contributed to the achievement of the university's strategic priorities through engagement activities. University students and staff,
Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship, BPP University, UK
The Vice Chancellor's Scholarship is open to any student who has applied to study an undergraduate or postgraduate BPP University programme.Am I eligible? To apply for this scholarship you must:have applied to study an undergraduate or postgraduate programme at BPP University; be a first generation student entering higher education (i.e. first higher
Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, Robert Gordon University, UK
Level of Study First Year of any on-campus Undergraduate Programme.Value of Award Full tuition fee scholarship for first year of study.Eligibility CriteriaHave received an offer and selected RGU as their firm choice for any full time undergraduate programme Hold or expect to achieve three A-levels at grade A (or equivalent qualifications)
Vice-Chancellor’s Postgraduate International Scholarships, University of the Arts London, UK
We have two types of UAL Vice-Chancellor’s International Postgraduate Scholarships on offer, each with different eligibility criteria. One offers a £5,000 tuition fee remission, and the other a £25,000 award and accommodation generously provided by International Students House (ISH).Application deadline Applications for the UAL Vice-Chancellor’s International Postgraduate Scholarships for 2017/18 entry
Vice-Chancellor Scholarships, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
Manchester Met is making a limited number of Vice-Chancellor scholarships available, each to the value of £5,000*. These scholarships are open to international students who enrol on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme.You can apply for an award if you:are an international student (classified as ‘overseas’ for tuition
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.