International graduate researchers and those who do not have Australian citizenship, Australian permanent residency or New Zealand citizenship are eligible for the following scholarships:
- Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarship – International
- VU International Postgraduate Research Scholarship.
Graduate research scholarships include tuition fees as well as a living allowance (stipend) of $27,600 (2019 rate) per year.
The international postgraduate research scholarships provide financial assistance to students with excellent academic qualifications who are participating in postgraduate research programs in Australia. These scholarships support high quality research and are awarded on the basis of academic merit.
Competition is intense and only those applicants with outstanding academic results are likely to be successful.
Victoria University International Research Scholarship (VUIPRS)
- living allowance of $27,600 per year (2019 rate)
- Overseas Students Health Care (OSHC).
In addition, successful applicants will be awarded a 100% tuition fees scholarship, which provides a waiver of tuition fees for the duration of the course.
The scholarship does not cover other costs such as:
To be eligible for an RTP Stipend Scholarship – International, or VUIPRS, applicants must:
- be a citizen of any country other than Australia or New Zealand
- have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies at a high level of achievement; for example:
- meet the University’s academic entrance requirements for enrolment into a research degree
- meet the University’s English language proficiency requirements for enrolment in a research degree
- be commencing a masters by research or doctoral degree
- enrol as a full-time student.
You are not eligible for an RTP Stipend Scholarship – International, or VUIPRS, if you are currently studying, or have recently studied, on an AIDAB or AUSAID scholarship and are applying for an IPRS immediately following the AIDAB/AUSAID funded studies.
Priority will be given to applicants who:
- have not already obtained a PhD degree or equivalent if they are proposing to undertake another one
- have already obtained a masters degree by research and are proposing to undertake another masters degree by research
- have not previously held an IPRS, VUIPRS or OPRS (unless it was for a masters by research degree, and you are applying for an IPRS to undertake PhD studies).
Email your questions to email@example.com.
For more information, please visit: www.vu.edu.au.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
Graduate Research Scholarships, Victoria University, Australia
A range of research scholarships for graduates undertaking a higher degree by research are available at Victoria University. The 2018 Victoria University Graduate Research Scholarship main rounds are open in the following periods: 27 August to 1 October 2018 (8am AEST) for international applicants 1 September to 31 October 2018 (midnight
Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarship, Victoria University, Australia
International graduate researchers and those who do not have Australian citizenship, Australian permanent residency or New Zealand citizenship are eligible for the following scholarships: Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarship – International VU International Postgraduate Research Scholarship. Graduate research scholarships include tuition fees as well as a living allowance (stipend) of
International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS), Victoria University, Australia
Recipients of an IPRS award at VU receive an award with two components. A government funded IPRS award which provides payment of annual course tuition fees for the duration of the scholarship and a living allowance funded by VU or through an Australian Postgraduate Award. The Australian Commonwealth Government (DIISRTE) will
Undergraduate Scholarships for ASEAN Students, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
To continue strengthening ties between Victoria University of Wellington and the ASEAN region, Victoria is pleased to offer the ASEAN Undergraduate Tuition Fees Scholarships. Purpose of award The purpose of this scholarship is to promote educational opportunities for young ASEAN students with an excellent academic record and leadership potential who meet the
PhD Scholarship in Exercise Sciences, La Trobe University, Australia
A doctoral scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding candidate to undertake research to develop implement and deliver a high-performance Australian rules football training program. This Industry PhD scholarship, established by La Trobe University in partnership with the Bendigo Pioneers (AFL Academy) based in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia will be awarded
Victoria Graduate Award, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
These awards consist of domestic tuition fees payable for the nominated degree programme up to the value of $5,000. Graduate Awards are awarded solely on the basis of academic merit. Purpose of award In line with the University's strategic objective of encouraging undergraduate students to proceed to graduate study and to research
Kathleen Stewart Postgraduate Scholarships, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
The purpose of these Scholarships, which were established in 2005, is to encourage postgraduate women students enrolled at Victoria University to carry their research at the University or to support short term research travel abroad. They are complementary to the J. L. Stewart Postgraduate Scholarships for men students established in
PhD Scholarships, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
For the purpose of encouraging postgraduate research, one objective being to build up strong research schools at the University, Victoria offers PhD scholarships to support doctoral studies. These scholarships are awarded on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international students in any discipline. Purpose of award These Scholarships are
Victoria Doctoral Scholarships, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
To encourage postgraduate research Victoria offers scholarships to those about to begin their doctoral studies. These scholarships are awarded on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international students in any discipline. These scholarships are awarded on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international students
William Wallace Gibson Memorial Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Bill Gibson was a Presbyterian Minister who served in a number of Parish roles and as the Executive Director of Presbyterian Support Services. He was an active freemason, serving as the Grand Chaplain. His death ends a family relationship between New Zealand Pacific No. 2 and the Gibson family spanning
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.