The Fund Managers of the Winton Programme invite applications for Scholarships from those starting PhD study in the area of Physics of Sustainability from October 2019. To be eligible candidates must have a supervisor from the Department of Physics with co-supervisors in other departments permitted.
Awards will provide for all university and college fees due, maintenance at the current UK Research Council level (£14,777 per annum in 2018/19), and a contribution to research expenses. Awards may also be made to supplement part-support from other sources, with funding available for home and overseas students.
Applicants should complete an Expression of Interest form (Click here to download form) and send to the Winton Programme by email (email@example.com) by 5 December 2018 to express an interest in applying for a Winton Scholarship.
In addition, a two-page research proposal will need to be completed and submitted by 14 February 2019. The proposal needs to cover the scientific challenges this research would address and how the proposal fits with the board theme of the Physics of Sustainability and should include the following:
- Summary of the project (including name(s) of potential supervisors)
- Description of the project and state of the art
- Objectives of the project
Applicants are required to also submit a standard application (GRADSAF) – see http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/gradstud/prospec/
Closing date for expression of interest: 5 December 2018.
For further information contact the Winton Programme Manager, Dr Nalin Patel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
For more information, please visit: www.winton.phy.cam.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
LyondellBasell Cambridge MBA Scholarship, University of Cambridge, UK
The LyondellBasell Cambridge MBA Scholarship offers up to £33,000 to one candidate per intake. The scholarship is open to anyone with a process engineering background, including candidates who have worked in pharma and oil and gas. Why a Cambridge MBA gives high return on investment for candidates: The strong focus on practical project
PhD Scholarships, St Catharine’s College, University of Cambridge, UK
The College offers a scholarship for outstanding PhD candidates in Management. The value of the scholarship will be £10,000 p.a. for the three years of the PhD course. How to Apply Candidates should apply for the PhD to the University of Cambridge in the usual way, but in addition, submit a copy
Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship, University of Cambridge, UK
Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship at the University of Cambridge This fellowship is a collaboration between the Ancora Foundation and Cambridge Overseas Trust to provide two fellowships annually for Indonesians to study for a one-year master’s program in any field at the University of Cambridge. Cambridge, one of the world’s oldest universities,
Boustany Foundation MBA Scholarship, University of Cambridge, UK
The Cambridge MBA is a 12-month programme covering the full range of general management issues relevant to contemporary business practice. As well as providing you with a thorough grounding in the business essentials, we also allow you to develop areas of special interest through project work and electives. The Cambridge
MBA, EMBA and MFin Scholarships, St Catharine’s College, University of Cambridge, UK
The College offers up to 5 scholarships worth £10,000 each to outstanding candidates for the MBA, MFin and EMBA. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit and are awarded for the duration of the course. They are intended for candidates who will become leaders in the practice or
Vice-Chancellor’s Awards & Cambridge International Scholarships, University of Cambridge, UK
On behalf of the University, the Cambridge Trust is pleased to offer the Vice-Chancellor's Awards (for UK and EU students) and the Cambridge International Scholarships (for international students) for those undertaking PhD studies. The aim of the Vice-Chancellor's Awards and Cambridge International Scholarships is to ensure that the 250 highest ranked students, irrespective of
PhD Studentship, British Lung Foundation, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, UK
British Lung Foundation PhD Studentship Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Department of Medicine Vacancy Reference No: SC08465 Targeting endoplasmic reticulum stress in mesothelioma A 3 year British Lung Foundation PhD studentship is available to work with Dr Stefan Marciniak in the Cambridge Institute for Medical Research October 2011. Malignant mesothelioma is an incurable cancer caused
Boustany Astronomy Scholarship, University of Cambridge, UK
The Boustany Astronomy Scholarship supports exceptional individuals wishing to pursue research that will advance scientific knowledge of space and the universe. With history dating back to 1823, the Institute of Astronomy at Cambridge University is globally acknowledged as one of the world's foremost institutes. Scholarship recipients become members of Pembroke College,
Ruth Whaley Bursary for Women in Finance, University of Cambridge, UK
Ruth Whaley Bursary for Women in Finance supported by Cambridge Judge Business School This bursary aims to encourage more women with a finance background to undertake an MBA, with the hope that more women will take up senior finance positions in future. The bursary offers £10,000 to one candidate per intake. The successful
PhD Scholarships, Hughes Hall University of Cambridge, UK
In 2010 Hughes Hall launched the 125th Anniversary Appeal to raise £1.5 million for the Scholarship Fund, and has now raised over 80% of this target. We are enormously grateful to all our benefactors for their generosity. This enables us to steadily increase our funding to students, often in joint
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.