Applications for a WiSER PhD Scholarship are invited from research students in the fields of feminist economics or gender research, leading to the award of a PhD in Economics, Finance or Property in the Faculty of Business and Law at Curtin University.
Faculty of Business and Law
- Australian Citizen
- International students
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
Maximum number awarded
$30,000 per annum for 3 years, tuition fee offset required.
- Have completed a Bachelor degree with 1st class Honours, or be regarded as having an equivalent level of attainment.
- Not hold a research doctorate or equivalent research qualification.
- Not previously have held an Australian Government funded scholarship, unless it was terminated within 6 months of the scholarship payments commencing.
- Not be receiving an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the award stipend rate to undertake the higher degree by research. Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
- Curtin requires all students to demonstrate English competency. For a list of approved English qualifications and for further information, please refer to the qualifications accepted as satisfying Curtin’s minimum English entry requirements or contact the University Admission Office.
Conditions that need to be met to keep your scholarship
Maintenance of Good Standing.
Changes to enrolment
Student must study full-time.
How to apply
Email your application to:
Professor Siobhan Austen
School of Economics, Finance and Property
Applications open: 17/08/2018
Applications close: 30/09/2018
Professor Siobhan Austen
Director, Woman in Social and Economic Research (WiSER)
Ph: 1 8 92667343
For more information, please visit: scholarships.curtin.edu.au.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
Vera R Campbell Foundation Fellowship for Women, School for Advanced Research, USA
Campbell Fellowship for Women Scholar-Practitioners from Developing Nations School for Advanced Research on the Human Experience - sponsored by Vera R Campbell Foundation One six-month fellowship is available for a female social scientist from a developing nation, either a PhD candidate or post-doctoral scholar, whose work addresses women’s economic and social empowerment
PhD Scholarship in Public Health, Curtin University, Australia
A three year PhD scholarship is available for an outstanding candidate to conduct epidemiological research at the School of Public Health. The scholarship is linked to a National Health & Medical Research Council funded project on obesity and risk of diabetes. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work
Curtin Mathematics Research Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
Curtin University has a scholarship opportunity for a PhD student to participate in an ARC Future Fellow Project "Novel nonlinear functional analysis methods for singular and impulsive boundary value problems". The project aims to develop innovative functional analysis theories and methods to study various complex nonlinear boundary value problems with
ARC Linkage PhD Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
Curtin University has three PhD scholarships available for students to participate in an ARC Linkage project "Laser Ultrasonic Monitoring for Australia's Infrastructure Assets". This project aims to develop technologies for monitoring health of Australia's ageing infrastructure by a unique laser ultrasonic device. Several vital improvements in the experimental setup will be
Australia Awards Indonesia
The Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships and fellowships funded by the Australian Government. They offer the next generation of global leaders an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia and for high-achieving Australians to do the same overseas. Applications for Australia Awards postgraduate scholarships for 2017 intake
PhD Scholarship in Synthetic Medicinal Chemistry, Curtin University, Australia
The Office of Research and Development has a PhD scholarship available for Honours/MSc students with strong skill sets in synthetic medicinal chemistry to study under the supervision of Dr Hendra Gunosewoyo in an ARC project. The project aims to develop chemical probes capable of inhibiting the transport of essential mycolic acid
Curtin Humanities – DIKTI English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
These scholarships will be awarded to DIKTI-sponsored Indonesian students whose research proposals align with Curtin research needs. They are designed to support transition to new English Language requirements. Student type: Future Students Faculty: Humanities Gender: Both Scholarship base: Merit Based Course type Postgraduate Research Postgraduate Coursework Value Five in total: Four (4) English Language Bridging courses (ELB) (17 weeks) One (1)
Pathway Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
2014 Sem 1 Innovative International Scholarships - Onshore Student Pathway Scholarship Curtin University recognises that Australia continues to rank as a first-choice destination for international students wanting to study at high school, vocational, undergraduate or postgraduate level. Through this scholarship, Curtin invites eligible international students of any citizenship (except Australian) who
Curtin International Merit Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
Curtin University strives to give high achieving students around the world the opportunity to pursue their ambitions and gain a world-class education. Through the Merit scholarship, Curtin welcomes eligible students of any nationality except Australian. This scholarship category awards eligible students 25% of their first year of tuition. Curtin University acknowledges
Department of Civil Engineering PhD Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
Curtin currently has 2 scholarships opportunities for higher degree by research students in the area of Bio-Activate Materials reseach to study under the supervision of Dr. Abhijit Mukherjee. Natural habitats such as anthills and corals and formations such as stalagmites and stalactites are ecofriendly and extremely durable. Diverse microbial populations harboured
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.